Question about CMBO and CMBB

I'm new to here but I searched around the FAQ for this but I couldn't find it.. In CMBO can you replace the models with your own? If not, has anyone been able to hack this? Also will this feature be in CMBB?

Reason I ask is because the FAQ talked about 3 visible units as a squad because of computer limitations.. Computers have come A LONG way since CMBO was released and for us who have powerfull computers I would love to replace the models with HIGH POLY models that look real nice..

Any thoughts?

Well, if you're new to the game chances are that you haven't come across the very large mod's that have made CMBO what it is today. You gotta ditch the stock neon graphix ASAP.

Probably the best place to start is:

www.combatmission.com

The easiest way to keep track of mods is to download CMMOS which is located on that site.

As for the 3 men per squade, CMBB will have that also, no one wants it to change, and it's not worth the extra system resources.

Guys I've been playing for a long time tongue.gif I've got lots of mods....

The question was geared more twords the developers (I'm a developer myself) and if they would consider the possibility of making the models modable... I would LOVE to have models that look like the models in GICombat.. (Which btw I was at E3 this year and they accidently gave me a press kit with a beta in it woohoo!)

The 3D wireframe models are built into the executable, so they can't be modified. The same goes for the vehicles and their attributes - no vehicles can't be added and their characteristics can't be changed. Performance was one of the reasons that it was done this way (among many others). This will remain true for CMBB and quite possibly future CM incarnations.