Copy Protection?

I made a copy of the CD so that I wouldn't have to lug the one CD between my parent's house and here at school (completely legal) and found that the copied cd doesn't work for single play . . .only multiplay. Is the CD a bad burn or does CMBB have copy protection? If that's the case. . .then I understand. . . but was under the impression that one could do what he wished with a game as long as it was for personal use only. Oh well. . . just thought I'd bring it up. smile.gif

Originally posted by IronChef4:

I made a copy of the CD so that I wouldn't have to lug the one CD between my parent's house and here at school (completely legal) and found that ... but was under the impression that one could do what he wished with a game as long as it was for personal use only...

Wrong impression. This is from the CMBO license but I'm sure it's still valid for CMBB:

"Battlefront.com grants you the right to use one copy of the software on a single computer. No duplicate part of this software, CD-ROM or manual may be copied or stored concurrently in more than one place at any time...except for a single copy made solely for the purpose of backup."

[ September 29, 2002, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]