Set up of units in set up zones - ???

Hy,

I am hoping someone here can tell me just HOW units set up in set up zones.

What happend atm is that I make a map , set up set up zones, purchase some units , and when i look at preview the units are spread all over the show !!

Some even in German set up zones (if Allies). Surely there must be some way to get these units to ~behave~.

All I want is UNIT 1 UNIT 2 to set up in ZONE 1 and ZONE 2.

This can't be hard can it?

Thanks a LOT

;)

Uhhh . . .

If you are looking at the map you are making in the scenario editor, and all your units you've picked in the units selector are scattered all along one edge of the map . . . that is where they are supposed to be. Until you put them where you want them. They may even be in a opposite/non-friendly set-up zone. The computer just puts them there as a starting point (because it has no idea where you might want to place them). Just click on each unit and position it on the map where you want it to be. In whichever zone you'd like it to be (and is appropriate for the unit). Then, when you are finished with the scenario/operation you can save it in the scenario folder and play it to your hearts content. When you play your battle, choose "default set-up," and the units will start where you placed them. Alternatly, you can allow the computer to pick new set-up zones for itself by choosing "computer free to place units." (Or somthing like that.)

If you want the computer to pick it's own set-up areas and zones in a battle, then you have to do a QUICK BATTLE. This way the computer chooses forces (based on your QUICK BATTLE parameters) and sets them up on it's own. This is different from the scenario editor, where you (as the designer) are doing all the work.

Hope this helps.

Gpig.