As requested: New Thread on adding scripting to scenarios and SOP's in the editor

Originally posted by Zarquon:

telling the ai to 'sleep' or 'stay put' on defense doesn't seem to me to be as extreme as chaining a retarded man to a basketball hoop.

anyway, i'm not sure how many 'cycles' bts is going to have to dedicate to the ai in the next version, so i'm trying to offer a 'simple' way of making it at least 'passable' to some extent...

i think that's what the ai improvements will come down to though... how many cycles bts wants to spend on it...

i do like the thing in the current version of having 30 reinforcement entry points...

Originally posted by Zarquon:

Repurchasing would be neat as long as it's possible to mark certain units that must be included in the new force, e.g. the Big Cat or an engineer platoon.

This is possible already by designing a scenario map and placing the units that must be included. Save the scenario. Then start a QB, say 1000 points. On the screen where you can choose the map, pick your scenario and include units. Now both sides have the required units plus they can purchase some or let the computer randomly purchase some. This is a *very* cool new feature!

One of the great things about this is that it allows a new kind of game: in PBEM, both sides can go and study the map and the included units in advance. This doesn't spoil the scenario because some will be purchased. It is easy to make variants by changing the number of points people can use for buying and also all the other QB parameters.

• 4 weeks later...