Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Degatschi Roadblock Operation discussion

I finished this fun little operation over several hours. I played the Germans and won a tactical victory -- captured 2 of three objectives, inflicting many more casualties than I received. I could of won a major victory if I hadn't been as cautious. Anyone else feel this was an easy win as the Germans? Anyone lose as the Germans?

Originally posted by David Harrison:

I finished this fun little operation over several hours. I played the Germans and won a tactical victory -- captured 2 of three objectives, inflicting many more casualties than I received. I could of won a major victory if I hadn't been as cautious. Anyone else feel this was an easy win as the Germans? Anyone lose as the Germans?

I cant claim that this battle was too hard as either side versus the AI. The soviet player has some big advantages that a human can take advantage of, while at the same time the AI cannot handle a coordinated attack into a city. Needless to say it plays quite a bit diffrently with 2 human players, which is what I designed it for.

WWB

This is the first operation that I have played in CMBB, and I have to say, that I have totally enjoyed it. Even though as it turned out that I have won easily as the Germans, there were moments towards the end, when I have thought that I have lost. I recommend this operation to all new players and occasional ones, like myself. I was very happy with the effect of the machine guns suppresive fire from both the German and Russian sides. Russians managed to completely stop my advance by infantry, until I took them out with my tanks. There are some nasty surprises out there, that cost me four out of the six tanks that I have lost. Even though it is very tempting to advance with your tanks, leaving your infantry behind, don't do it :D Thank you WWB for a great operation. I had an audience of three for my last battle, my two sons and a grandpa. I could tell from their faces that they were into it as much as myself. ;)

Thanks, Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Great fun for both sides. My brother and I just finished the final battle PBEM and fought to a draw. Throughout our 5 day exchange we kept commenting on what an exciting, awesome time we were having. That's exactly what I want in any game I play. Great design, outstanding map. Thanks for a great experience.

This battle was set up just right, I first thought comming into town that the ruskys were putting up a weak defense, but after getting into town and at battle 2, look out!! The russians were comming out of the wood work. The biggest surprise was in the last part of the OP, they ate my panzers up, they had one hell of a defense on the other side of the Lopan river. My panzers came around from the east side of town and bam!! the russians took out 4 panzer, surprise!!seems they left the best for last, Great OP!! you did a great job, thanks and I hope to play more of your creations