AMPS Convention: a marketing option for CMBO/CMBB?

I have an idea for an inexpensive marketing and exposure opportunity for the CMBO/CMBB team. How about using your recently made contacts with Missing Links (missing-lynx.com) to set up a table at the upcoming Armor Modeling and Preservation Society (AMPS) 2002 National Convention held April 19-20, 2001 in Havre de Grace, Maryland.

For those that don’t know, every year the convention not has an incredible display of armor models and lectures, but a great vendor section “specially oriented to armor modelers and historians.”

You could demo CMBO- both the shipped version and a CMMOS high-res version. Also, you could demo a beta version of CMBB, or maybe the final product….

I imagine that the expense would be minimal, and you could probably find a few volunteers- including people that were already going to be there. In the vendor section, you would be marketing directly to individuals that would enjoy your product: military historians, modelers, and wargamers. Also, you could spark some interest with modelers to provide you examples for your modeling contest (maybe even get some photos at the convention).

You can also contact AMPS directly at:

Corrected AMPS Web Page

Just a thought I had over the weekend.... And, I would be interested in other forums visitors' opinions

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Zitadelle ]</p>

Zitadelle,

The link led to:

"A'nanda Ma'rga Praca'raka Sam'gha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A'nanda Ma'rga" is Sanskrit for "Path of Bliss".

A'nanda Ma'rga Praca'raka Sam'gha (AMPS for short) is a socio-spiritual movement dedicated to the ideals of "Self-Realization and Service to Humanity". Founded by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar in Jamalpur, India in 1955, AMPS has branches in over 160 countries of the world."

I am guessing this is not a group that would be very impressed with Combat Mission. :rolleyes:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Zitadelle,

The link led to:

"A'nanda Ma'rga Praca'raka Sam'gha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A'nanda Ma'rga" is Sanskrit for "Path of Bliss".

A'nanda Ma'rga Praca'raka Sam'gha (AMPS for short) is a socio-spiritual movement dedicated to the ideals of "Self-Realization and Service to Humanity". Founded by Prabhat Ranjan Sarkar in Jamalpur, India in 1955, AMPS has branches in over 160 countries of the world."

I am guessing this is not a group that would be very impressed with Combat Mission. :rolleyes: <hr></blockquote>

Sorry SuperTed; I have no idea how my web-page link translated into that site! I apologize. Anyway, here is the correct link:

AMPS Web Page- Armored Modeling and Preservation Society

Seriously, I think a vendor table at AMPS would be advantageous and fun. It definitely could expose CMBO/CMBB to some new folks.

Time to selflessly bump this message back to the forum's first page....

AMPS gives you a chance to demonstrate your great work and quality product. Imagine displaying your software to people interested in the subject matter- this is about as close to direct marketing as you can get.

As an idea you could link two PCs together and have visitors fight a TCP/IP battle right there. Have a coach for general functions of the game for each computer and have visitors to your booth give orders for a single (or more) turns. Visitors would get a chance to go head-to-head, which is a real selling point of the game (which, of course, they could purchase right there...).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zitadelle:

I have an idea for an inexpensive marketing and exposure opportunity for the CMBO/CMBB team. How about using your recently made contacts with Missing Links (missing-lynx.com) to set up a table at the upcoming Armor Modeling and Preservation Society (AMPS) 2002 National Convention held April 19-20, 2001 in Havre de Grace, Maryland.

For those that don’t know, every year the convention not has an incredible display of armor models and lectures, but a great vendor section “specially oriented to armor modelers and historians.”

You could demo CMBO- both the shipped version and a CMMOS high-res version. Also, you could demo a beta version of CMBB, or maybe the final product….

I imagine that the expense would be minimal, and you could probably find a few volunteers- including people that were already going to be there. In the vendor section, you would be marketing directly to individuals that would enjoy your product: military historians, modelers, and wargamers. Also, you could spark some interest with modelers to provide you examples for your modeling contest (maybe even get some photos at the convention).

You can also contact AMPS directly at:

Corrected AMPS Web Page

Just a thought I had over the weekend.... And, I would be interested in other forums visitors' opinions

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Zitadelle ]<hr></blockquote>

This is a Great idea

here is their web page:

http://www.amps-armor.org/Conventions/Amps2002.asp

I wish I could attend myself.

It seems like a GREAT marketing opportunity for BTS as well.

Maybe even set up a VERY small fun tourniment?

(That might be too much)

it seems like a great opportunity though!

-tom w