CMBB Needed Vehicle Mods List

I don't have an ounce of artistic ability, but I'm glad to help organize the CMBB mods effort.

Use this topic to post which CMBB vehicle mods you're working on, and I'll post an updated needs list every few days.

BTS, which mods have you guys completed?

Right now, I don't think anyone is doing serious MOD work since the 3D vehicle models will change going from CMBO to CMBB.

My own assumption is that the wire frames are more detailed, necessitating different bmps to fit them appropriately.

Wait a quarter, then make the offer again, or try to team up with the CMMOS folks.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]</p>

I think you misunderstood. This is a reference to the modeling contest. I'm making an effort to distribute the modeling efforts to the maximum number of mods. I may be using the wrong nomenclature: BTS has solicited 3D models for their use in producing CMBB vehicles. I know that "mods" usually refers to post-release textures, but I'm lacking the right word to describe what's happening with the modeling contest. To reiterate: BTS has solicited 3rd party 3D models that they will use in the game. They've submitted a vehicle list, and proposed that for every vehicle submission, that vehicle will be included in the game. The purpose of this topic is to record which ones have been done, and to list which ones need to be done. The premise? Which vehicles are included is now pretty much under the control of the CM community.

I would refer you to the modeling contest topic for further information.

From Michael Dorosh:

I have already sent Pz III L and T34/76A (1941), I have a 1/24 Panther I will be sending also. I have a SdKfz 251 with howitzer (/9?) I will likely send as well.

There's four in the first hour of the topic! Keep 'em coming!

Panzer Leader:

I think so. In order to qualify for the modeling contest side, it would have to be an actual plastic model.

I'm curious if BTS would accept a computer-rendered model for inclusion in the game; I suppose if it undermined the contest in any way, they would say no... and properly so. But let us know if otherwise.

Shep, I think the reason that BTS is doing this is because most modellers (The ones likely to respond anyway) are very meticulous about details and are likely to get things right, providing BTS with a reference source for artwork better than most books, so I think computer 3D models are out.

Gyrene