"Quick Operations" in CMBB?

Nostalgically flicking through some of the old pre-pub CMBO forum archives, I noticed references to the possibilty of quick-ops, not for CMBO (obviously) but maybe for the (then, only possible) follow-on.

Since operations have apparently been significantly improved for CMBB, just wondered if "quickies" might be a part of that?

( O/T I also noticed that I used to be member number 738 in 1999; my God BTS! What have you done with the last three years of my life :eek: )

Yes, why not an QB ME operation?

IMHO operations have the potential to be far more realistic than single battles, in that the consequences of each engagement within the op. are potentially important to the outcome of the next engagement and, ultimately, to the outcome of the operation itself.

Unfortunately, operations in CMBO are somewhat flawed (and bloody difficult to understand)and still need to be authored. Which, presumeably, is why there aren't too many of them around.

A QB operations set (with all the new improvements) would be rather excellent. If only :D

While I love the idea, I really do not think it can work. If you have ever made an operation, you know the amount of tweaking it takes to make it work. A computer is simply not capable of generating a map and forces and having it all click more than 10% of the time.

As for ME operations, they are in CMBO, and are known as Destroy type operations. All points come from opponents hardware blown up. One weakness is they do have to have a defender.

WWB

Last few questions I've asked about operations in CMBB have been met with silence. So I don't suppose you'll get an answer either. I too have high hopes for operations in CMBB. I didn't like them in CMBO mainly because of how the front lines were redrawn between battles. That, and the bug that allowed all attacker foxholes to be seen the first battle following a night battle.