The RealColor MOD is fantastic!!!

Jack,

why not backing up your BPMs, install the MOD, look, become bumped, come back here and tell the mod-geniuses, that their mods would become even better with desaturating? ;)

If i understood GODslinger right, the desaturation process is done quickly, and afterwards the former pure pink areas (transparent) need to be put back to RGB 255,0,255 and this can be done quite easily with a function that finds contours automatically.

[ November 14, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Guys, for those of you whom cant download the mod most video cards these days allow you to adjust colour, saturation, brightness, etc in their control panel, so you can probably fiddle with it to get the same effect.

Focker, I agree. Its a job well done but that look is not really my cup of tea either. I think it looks really good in fog or overcast weather, but it doesnt look quite right during a nice sunny day. At least that what I found when I played with the idea during development. After some experimenting I decided what is in there is a happy medium.

Each to their own though smile.gif

Dan

[ November 15, 2002, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

I downloaded this mod and applied it. Some of the prior complaints about pink muzzle brakes turned out to be true. I had to replace the afflicted vehicles with the original BMP's to get rid of the "pink". The King Tiger was mentioned as well as the Jagdpanther. I also found some pink in the running gear of the STUG IIIG. I am using this mod and will stick with it unless I find some real problems with it in the future. I am also using it with many other mods, vehicles, bunkers, buildings, etc. I find that the other mods do not look out of place with the subdued colors. Good Luck to all with this mod and thanks for the hard work to the author.