AP shell removes tank commanders head!

I can't believe I'm still seing new things occur in CMBO, considering I've been playing it for nigh on 2 years now. I've just witnessed a turn where my Tiger I took a shot at a Sherman 76, clearly missed as you could see the fall of the shot behind the tank yet killed the exposed Sherman commander anyway (as confirmed by my opponent). No MG fire caused the death as my Tiger was hull down and the death of the commander was simultaneous with the Tiger shot, with none of my remaining units able to take a shot at the Sherman.

Anyone else ever seen a commander killed from an AP shell that missed?

:eek:

Regards

Jim R.

[ July 14, 2002, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Kanonier Reichmann ]

Wow

thats a new one on me!

Very interesting thanks for the AAR

Wasn't that Oddball's CO, ("Ya, he got decapitated by an 88, he was just trying to get us all killed anyway") smile.gif

maybe that was not the exact quote, but I'm sure someone here knows the entire quote.

-tom w

[ July 14, 2002, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Guest SnarkerII

I've never seen that, but I definitely believe it.

Had a ricochet off one of my tanks finish a mortar crew once - had to watch the replay about five times before I caught the shell deflecting off a turret and bouncing forward and left, hitting the crew who were behind a ridge. Unlucky buggers...

I had a Sherman TC adjacent to a just-KO'd Sherman get killed by shrapnel from killing-shell that hit the adjacent Sherman.

The big maps in CM:BB will be neat, maybe you'll see a tank shoot way high on an HE shot, but the missed shot will still hit some mortar crew 2500m away!