Schoerner's CMBB Waffengrenadier Patch

Hello, I'm new to the CMBB and to this forum and hope that someone can point me in the right direction with this problem.

I installed CMBB, followed immediately by the 1.01 update. Later I applied the anti-censorship patch, which I downloaded from:

http://www.militarygameronline.com/TCMHQ/International.html

However, it doesn't seem to have made any difference! I simply unzipped the download and then ran the executable and directed it to install to my CMBB directory. I launch the game via the 'CM2 AntiCensorhip Loader V2' executable and hear the sounds, see the dos box disappear...but no change! :confused:

" Waffengrenadiere " still appears in the scenario descriptions.

Although I will still enjoy this game, it would be nice to see the units referred to by their correct names. Any advice on how to get this patch to work would be very much appreciated.

Originally posted by redwolf:

Not using it myself, but it is obvious that a hack like this cannot work on different *.exe files.

You have to wait for an upgrade.

Ok...I thought that too, so I uninstalled the game, re-installed it and applied the patch to the original version...and it still didn't work!

Originally posted by Mikser:

The loader does not change the scenario descriptions! Open up the scenario editor and you should note that instead among your troop choices are now SS units, replacing the WG.

Ok! So it does work, then. I hadn't been into the scenario editor yet. I'd read about the patch elsewhere before I installed it and was under the impression (wrongly) that it 'fixed' all the censored text.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Flesh:

For uncensored scenario descriptions and briefings, download the scenarios from the US version of CMBB at this URL: ftp://www.battlefront.com/pub/misc/Scenarios.zip

Don't worry - they work fine with the CDV version. Just overwrite the original censored scenarios.

Thanks...that was a nice simple fix! smile.gif

By the way, any idea what scenarios named '1' and '2' are. These are not included with the original ones and include no briefings either......they look far from interesting!