feedback on scenario.

well, I haven't recieved any scenarios to post at my site yet.. So I decided to make one of my own. (I hate seeing an empty page).

It is a small fictional battle in the village of Antan, over a couple of small bridges.

I'm really looking for some feedaback on a couple things.

Troops per map size (too many, too few)

Visual appearance ( terrain varied enough)

Just general comments.

I'll even take a nice "that sucked lorak" as long as you give a couple reasons.

For those that DL'd it yesterday. I removed the troops to take a screenshot and when I added them back I forgot to replace them. Sorry.. It is fixed now. Thanks for the e-mail.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Nice site, Lorak! Beautifully done. Love the Combat Music!

How about if I send you my scenario on the two-part episode of Combat,"Hills are for Heroes," the TV series to put on your site?

Its a very simple, easy to play one. It just recreates what happened in the program. It is kind of fun to play. A good intro scenario for those beginning with CM.

Interested? Drop me a line and I'll get it off to you. I want to support your site. It is a good one.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Doug,

Thanks for asking. I'm doing fine. Believe it or not I'm still a little sore though.

As for the scenario. It really doesn't matter which side you play first. I tried to design it so that no matter which side you favored it would play well.

Wild Bill, Sounds great! I'll drop you an e-mail. If it is the episode I'm thinking of.. It would be a nice little CM battle.

Lorak

------------------

Hey Lorak, one quick comment before I spin up your scenario. In the pages that have a lot of text, like the battle briefing, it would be a good idea to make the text larger, full-white on a solid-black background. The slightly small letters set against the line-drawing background are hard to read.

DjB

ok Doug,

Noted. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh, and after you have played the scenario, Would you mind giving me some feedback on it also.

I'm still learning how to use the editor, and Before I jump in to doing a historical scenario I wanted to Do some fictional ones.

Lorak

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 06-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 06-28-2000).]

Hey Lorak,

Gave it a try as the germans and got half way through before calling it quits. Seems I can't keep my armor alive very long.

I like the terrain you have setup offers lots of places for ambush. In the briefings section if you could work on getting the text setup so it doesn't breakup in mid sentence and put one word on the next line and then continue on the next line very hard to read.

Another suggestion would be to include a list of the starting forces you would have on hand.

will try again and see how the force balance plays out.

------------------

Teutonicc

The MEMBER Formerly Known

as Teutonic