Still freezing, please help!

Adamo

I'm trying to be patient but it's not working!

I've updated drivers for my Geforce3 and I always play with AV and firewall disabled and it still, after about 20 - 30 minutes of playing, freezes up on me.

I've searched the forums here, does anybody know the secret!

adamo

If you're locking up consistently at 20-30 minutes perhaps you have an overheating problem with your system. Most likely it would be the CPU since the CM series runs it at near fult-tilt. One thing to experiment with would be to take off the case/side cover and run CM to see if this helps. This would basically prevent the build-up of warm air inside the case, but it would still be possible for the CPU to get too warm.

Originally posted by Alfatwosix:

I seem to have the same problem on my Sony Vaio PCG-GRV550 with ATI Radeon Mobility 7500C.

Even when setting up a game, sometimes the computer turns itself off (and feels hot). I've tried putting some books under it for better ventilation, but that doesn't help either. Any suggestions?

What CPU is that? Pentium? Athlon ?

My last PC was an Athlon 1.4 I took the cover of the PC to prevent overheating/improve airflow.

I now have a Pentium 4 2.8 , i have case closed but with one extra case fan installed.

brw Combat Mission is very demanding for CPU/Vid card, i think more than any new FPS.

In W XP Task Manager, i have CPU usage of close to 80 % with my very fast pc !

So close all background programs when you run CM , especially with a low or midrange pc.

Monty