2 dumb questions

1. Is there a mod/command which turns off the sound of burning stuff, i.e. tanks, buildings &c.? I play with headphones on so as not to disturb my dutifully studying wife and my ears are ringing by the end of every scen. There is a "sound-map" post which has numbers pertaining to each sound but I don't know how to implement them.

2. I know the question has been posted, but could someone kindly post a link to the answer to the screenshots question?

I searched the board (including the otherwise very helpful "anthology..." post) but I am at a loss. Thanks folks.

(I am on a Mac if that makes any difference)

Thanks for replying.

Scott M. Blakely posted below asking how to take screenshots, and then replied to his own question saying he found it in the FAQ's. I couldn't find it myself and I was wondering if someone had a link.

And, uh, this is going to sound absurd, but - any idea how I get to those files....?

redface.gif

Sound is handled a bit differently on a Mac. Inside the Combat Mission folder there is a data folder holding the graphics and sound effects files. The sound effects files are numbered 1-11 and I don't know which one contains the fire sounds. Whichever one it is, it probably contains more than just fire sounds, I'd guess.

Michiael

It's command-shift-3 to take a screenshot on a mac. Pictures will show up on your hard drive numbered sequentially. Command-shift-4 will give you a cursor so you can specify a small area of the screen to get rather than the whole thing.

The flame sound is in the Sound Effects 2 resource file. You must have a resource editor software (ResEdit, Resourcerer) to edit resource files. (you can get ResEdit from www.versiontracker.com for free).

If you want simply to remove the sound then in the Sound Effects 2 locate the entry with ID: 300, and delete it. If you want to edit the sound that's a little bit more complicated task...