NIght Battle - Brightness Problem - HELP!!

Hello,

I am at Setup on a Night Battle in CMBB. The screen is so dark I can barely see anything.

I used alt-g and I turned my monitor up to full brightness. CMBO was lighter than this during a night battle.

Is there something I can do ?

Is this the way it is suppose to be ?

If so, I do not think I can play, I can barely see my own pieces let alone anything else smile.gif

[ November 03, 2002, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Voxman ]

Myself and others have the same problem Voxman, a couple of more Alt-G levels would be a godsend.

I get around it by using the 3dfx software which came with my card and runs in the background. I go into it and alter the gamma settings. It gives everything a washed-out look and has to be reset when I get come out of CMBB, but it works.

Check your software which runs alongside your video card and see if it allows you to alter the gamma settings in there. Then go back into CMBB.

Hope that makes sense.

I have a Nivida Ti 4200 card, where is the software that controls the gamma located ?

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Myself and others have the same problem Voxman, a couple of more Alt-G levels would be a godsend.

I get around it by using the 3dfx software which came with my card and runs in the background. I go into it and alter the gamma settings. It gives everything a washed-out look and has to be reset when I get come out of CMBB, but it works.

Check your software which runs alongside your video card and see if it allows you to alter the gamma settings in there. Then go back into CMBB.

Hope that makes sense.

This probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but a new monitor might make all the difference. I used to always have to crank the gamma/brightness of my vid card and/or game settings way up to see things clearly. When I bought a new, higher-quality monitor, everything was vastly brighter at the default settings. No more fiddling with gamma settings or ending up with an ugly, washed-out looking screen.

Since the monitor is the main way you interact with your computer, buy the best one you can. You won't regret it.

Originally posted by Voxman:

Hello,

I am at Setup on a Night Battle in CMBB. The screen is so dark I can barely see anything.

I used alt-g and I turned my monitor up to full brightness. CMBO was lighter than this during a night battle.

Is there something I can do ?Is this the way it is suppose to be ?

If so, I do not think I can play, I can barely see my own pieces let alone anything else smile.gif

Get your hands on Powerstrip. It's a small program that by hitting Ctrl + Alt + Numpad + or - allows you to fine tune your brightness settings. It was a godsend for me while playing BF1942...

[ November 03, 2002, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Suicides-by-Steve ]

I found the correct commands which are:

Properties

Settings

Advanced

nView

Device settings

Colour correction

I adjusted brightness to maximum but it does not hold when I go into CMBB.

Has BTS contacted Nvidia to inform them of the issue ?

Is it Nvidia's fault or CMBB programming ?

I did not have this issue with CMBO.

At this point I cannot use the Night Battle command and dusk is difficult to use as well.

What do people do when this type of problem occurs ? My monitor is a nice View Sonic PT775, so I do not think it is the monitor issue.

Help!

I haven't encountered any problems with the night settings, either.

I thought perhaps this might have been less of a techinical discussion by reading the thread title. I'd like to see night combat addressed in the rewrite - ie brightness levels at night tied to the phase of the moon, presence of overcast, ground snow, etc.

From Stacheldraht :

Since the monitor is the main way you interact with your computer, buy the best one you can. You won't regret it.
I totally agree with you !! you took the words outta my mouth !! All my friends thought I was crazy when I spent 1,000 $ just for the monitor (19" Hi-res Sony)

i know it is off-topic, but it's so good to know I'm not completely insane...

Now i can spend hours playing CMBB without my eyes even noticing it :D

[ November 03, 2002, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Sigurd ]