Forever lost scenarios ?

Thin Red Line,

I have emailed Manx several times regarding his intentions to repost Combat Missions' former scenario selection, but received no reply.

Manx, I would genuinely like to know if CMHQ intends to host the scenarios from CMs. If so, please provide a URL to which I can relink the "Lost Scenarios".

TRL - if you will send an email to me as to which .cmb / .cmc you are referring to, it's pretty likely that I have a copy of it.

Keith! What up? Hope all is going well. After a year of probably 40+ hours of CMBO / week, I burned out for about a six month period, but all is well again! Hope all is going well on your end.

Best wishes all,

Les "Agua" Smith

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

Thin Red Line,

I have emailed Manx several times regarding his intentions to repost Combat Missions' former scenario selection, but received no reply.

Manx, I would genuinely like to know if CMHQ intends to host the scenarios from CMs. If so, please provide a URL to which I can relink the "Lost Scenarios".

Keith,

Are you using manx@combatmission.com?

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

Thin Red Line,

Email - I never received em', at least not at that e-mail address.

It was my intention to post these "lost" scenarios (and other old Combat Missions content for that matter) on CMHQ once a new site design had been completed. As you may well know, i have recently announced that i have left CMHQ, so something else will need to be organised. I'm not sure whether Madmatt would like so host these as originally planned, and if not, they can be past on elsewhere. Have a chat with him.

I'm sure you can appreciate that i'm just the "caretaker" of these scenarios and that they were originally past over to me to release to the community, and so any perspective new host will need to seek the necessary approval of the designers before posting if that is possible.

Anyway, i will gladly do whatever i can to get any missing scenarios back into circulation.

Thank you very much Agua, i've already been able to get the scenarios i was looking for from one of my PBEM opponent.

But it would be of public interest to save (at least the best among them) somewhere. I don't know how numerous they are.

And Manx, it's not the right thread to do that, but many tanks for your work !

Gang,

I have a 3-day weekend coming up so I hope to accomplish quite a bit of site-related work. One of the tasks involves determining which scenarios are now not linked, and contacting the authors. I'll try to get as many posted as possible by Monday.

Manx,

You are a gentleman and a scholar. If you ever again get the itch to do web work, and CMHQ doesn't pick up your option, I would be singularly honored to have you on The Scenario Depot team.

Thanks for that Keith -- yeah, i'm missing it already! :(

May i say that what you have achieved so far at THE DEPOT is fantastic. It's a very, very useful site. Thanks for all your, and your teams, hard work.

BTW -- Have you had chance to mail Madmatt yet about the "lost" scenarios and whether he wants to host them or not? A know that a lot of them are duplicated elsewhere, either on your site or CMHQ, but as you point out, there were a few that were exclusive to COMBAT MISSIONS.

Originally posted by Manx:

BTW -- Have you had chance to mail Madmatt yet about the "lost" scenarios and whether he wants to host them or not? A know that a lot of them are duplicated elsewhere, either on your site or CMHQ, but as you point out, there were a few that were exclusive to COMBAT MISSIONS.

Alas, no. My day job had me working 12-hour days to complete a web-based ordering system for a partnership w/ TimeWarner. All done now, so I'm looking forward to completing a few tasks around The Scenario Depot this weekend (not to mention a few "honey-do's" around the homestead).

I'll send him a post this weekend when I get a spare picosecond.