Museum trip

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys!

I finally made it home from the campground. It was a blast meeting you all. The pix look great.

Parabellum, in the uhum...drug picture, the shadow under your nose gives you a slight resemblance to a certain WWII dictator. Maybe he was he on drugs too?

The biergarten was really...interesting. After seeing the guys at the bar eye-balling K_Tiger, I decided to refrain from any alcohol. Safety first!

I noticed in the tank garden my fat ass fit in right with the other tanks. I can just see someone looking at the pictures (scratching their head) what camo pattern is that(Beige/Brown/ checkered)

Thanks again guys! Let's get working on our next ttrip. Koblenz, Ardennen, Munster. I'm in.

Cheers

Chris

PS Marcus: E-mail will be on the way shortly.

Originally posted by panzeranklopfgeraet:

...Parabellum, in the uhum...drug picture, the shadow under your nose gives you a slight resemblance to a certain WWII dictator. Maybe he was he on drugs too?

Oooops!

Yes... If ever the guys in the "Contra'N" (a left wing scene bar in Mannheim where the beer on tuesdays is pretty cheap) see this pic I might be in trouble....

But then I might get a free drink in the "blood&iron" comeradeship 'round the corner...

:D

Maybe some of you guys would like to join up for some of my second Ardennes invasion from August 9-23?

Last year, I scouted the entire Battle of the Bulge area for two weeks. Very cool, but I didn't get to spend enough time.

This year, I plan to do it better with the "Tour of the Bulge Battlefield" guidebook by William Cavanagh. It is EXCELLENT. It's a must buy for anybody in the area because he shows you the places mentioned in the MacDonald books "Company Commander" and "Time for Trumpets". Plus many more places of interest.

Amazon link shown below.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0850528348/qid=1024959821/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-6020084-0429504

I plan to follow the exact German attack path to Rockreath/Krinkelt, do the 10km walk around Diekirch to see both US positions and German pillboxes, and generally scout the terrain by car and foot. And drink lots of beer.

If interested, send me an email or look for my forum announcement soon.

Cheers,

Jake

Tools4fools, thx for the pics. The colours look a bit darker. Even the StuG looks really menacing. I remember that the camo especially on the StuG was, well, strange.

As we said, a few of our modder should get a hand on it...

Warphead, absolutely!

And Lawyer, sounds very interesting but I doubt that I'll find the time for such a long trip.

:(

[ June 28, 2002, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Hi Tools4fools!

Great pix! It really was a blast down there. smile.gif

The book I have is "Panzer und Kettenfahrzeuge des Zweiten Weltkriegs" by Jean Restayn. Bechtermuenz Verlag.I looked by Amazon.de but I couldn't find it.I picked my copy up at Weltbild. I hope it helps.

I agree with Warphead. We definitely need to setup another trip to one of the other museums.

Lawyer, sounds good, but... I'm afraid that at that point in time I'll be with the family on vacation. On the other hand, I talked the wife into visiting the Ardenne,so it could be we show up in the same place at the same time.We will also be touring the Normandy beaches and if there is time, the museum in Saumur.*crosses fingers* Have fun on your trip!

Mental note: print out the CM flag posted earlier in this thread and carry it everywhere you go. ;)

Parabellum, it's Friday...hast Du wieder dieses prickeln in deinem Bauchnabel? :D Prosit!

schoenes Wochenende

Cheers

Chris