Infantry "Parachute" Grenade, what is this?

I played a QB the other day, where I ordered my infantry to attack a tank. Instead of shooting or throwing the quick, normal grenades. The squad threw up this small grenade, that, when zoomed in, had what *looked like* a little parachute on it, that slowly descended down onto the tank and killed it fast.

Am I hallucinating? What is this weapon? It was like a top-attack weapon that the infantry can throw.

I've seen real pictures of the thing and BFC does a pretty good job of representing it. Think of a large stick grenade but with a shaped charge anti-tank warhead at the end (a cone-shaped explosive to channel the blast... HEAT). It may have been tossed underhand and flew in a high arc, a cloth 'umbrella' extending from the back would keep the warhead pointing forward.

I'm not sure but I believe the Russian RPG that shows up late war works on much the same principle. Pretty darned effective weapons!

Terrapin --

You might want to examine the manual's section on 'special' equipment, e.g. demolition charges, magnetic mines, fin/streamer-stabilized anti-tank grenades, grenade bundles, Molotovs, Panzerfausts.

Infantry units have a finite number of them, possibly none. For individual units, they'll show up in the 'grenade' box with special icons, and they'll also be listed in the 'unit info' screen you see by hitting Enter. When and where you have them, they can make a big difference, such as making it easier to knock out an irritating tank... and you can't transfer them to another unit, so you may want to note their presence during setup.

They'll be used automatically when the unit feels like it, but you can order units to toss their demo charges at buildings (and bridges?) if memory serves.

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

The Soviets had one or more with a streamer attached to the back that unfurled in flight and stabilized it.

Michael

Those are the "RPG" AT mines. I just tried them out in the test area I created in the Mission Editor. They pack a lot more killing power than a molotov.