new player checking in

Well, I must have been living under a rock for the past few years. Even though I play computer simulations fairly regularly, I had never tried out CMBO. Anyway, I downloaded the CMBB demo to see what all the fuss was about and... you guessed it, I have been playing the CMBB demo exclusively since september 2nd and I have ordered both CMBB and CMBO.

I just wanted to congratulate Battlefront. CMBB looks like it is going to be a great game. From what I have seen so far, it appears to be very realistic, the graphics are well done, it is very immersive and it's loads of fun to play. The AI is especially well done, I have played Yelna three times as the german and each time, the AI attacked a different sector of my line.

Whizzz, Bang, fireworks, etc........ smile.gif .

Welcome SuperHero, but we have to tell you that the average lifespan of a wet-behind-the-ears newbie on the front line round here is about 4 turns in a PBEM............ smile.gif .

But don't get intimidated........... smile.gif .

Again, welcome,

Len

JC, you picked two good wargames to get you started. I out to know, since I've been buying and playing them in various forms for over 35 years. You shouldn't have any problem geting a PBEM game once you get your game CDs. One way to pick up those opponent is to check the links to some of the great sites that host tournamnets (including newbee tournaments), as well as helping you find a good battle partner for the one off tilt.