Unit Costs Change Over Time?

I am putting together a table with unit costs. I had just gotten started when I noticed that while the costs of German armor & vehicles and of most Soviet armor vehicles remained constant over time, the costs of some of the Soviet armor units seemed to increase over time.

I was in scenario rather than Quick Battle mode and so didn't think that rarity could be a factor. Also, I was looking at individual vehicles, not platoons. While some of the changes were only a point or two, sometimes they were 10-12 points. Not of earth-shattering importance, but since the unit costs are supposedly based on objective factors, I wasn't sure how the same model tank/vehicle could increase in cost over time. Is this simply a typo I should ignore, or is there something going on that I don't understand?

Also, anyone else working on a project like this, and want to collaborate?

76mm

In the course of preparing an experiment (detailed in the "AI cheats!" topic) I noticed that Soviet and German (captured) T-35/85 M44 tanks have slightly different point values. I speculate that the reason may be to account for potential availability of "special" ammo (tungsten), or for poor AP shot quality of one side or the other.

Seeing value change for the same vehicle at different times for the same nationality might be due to similar causes (changing availability of special ammunition, changes in crew quality exclusive of experience level, or general changes in ammunition quality).

While designing a scenario the other day I was purchasing a German infantry battalion. I kept changing my mind about which type to purchase so I kept purchasing and deleting the units. I noticed that the cost was different each time I purchased the same formation. I seem to recall that this was one of the bugs to be fixed in the patch, but I thought I would mention it just in case. I also point this out because putting together a chart may be premature if the patch is going to alter the unit costs.