Raising the 'Computer Experience'

What differences come into play when one raises the 'computer experience' say to +3. Does it make a conscript unit have the attributes and benefits of a Vet (i.e. 3 levels of experience up) despite still being identified as a conscript? if so does Regular become Elite...gulp! I looked around in the manual and had a futile search in the forums without finding an answer.

This comes about from playing a scenario - Allies vs AI Germans with a possibility of fanatasism of 50% regular and above. A lot of Conscript and Green units led by Regular HQ units proved quite tricky to overcome.

Cheers

Yes, they will still say Conscript, but they'll perform like Vets. I suppose that the multipliers for added performance still affect an Elite unit w/ +3 levels, you might see a squad's 40m firepower be 450 or something.

I also hate those fanatic units, they are so hard to finish off- flame weapons are the only thing that can rout them.

The imporant thing about this setting is that the victory points are not raised, that means the AI fights with a 300 points elite tank but still gets only 150 points cut down when it is killed. Since the AI tends to lose a lot of stuff, you cannot just give it elite units traight on, because that way the victory points will make terrain irelevant.

As for what happens when the multiplyer is applied to an already elite unit - I have no clue. How to test this? Probably you need to put some regulars and some elites on a map, then play under +3 quality modifier. Then the units ether behave the same (both bumped to elite), or the guys who had been elite all along will be even stronger.

As the designer of the scenario Wicky mentioned, I'm still a little unclear on the key point. If conscript troops controlled by the AI are given a +3 experience bonus, the consensus seems to be that they fight like veterans. Does it also mean that they become potential fanatics, since the fanaticism applies only to regular and above? Thanks for clarifying.