Gettting the Computer (AI) to engage?

I've modified a operation scenario on Stoumont by adding a bunch of trucks, mounting all the stray German units. It was a mechanized advance! The computer won't move these trucks at all!!! The armor advances and engages, so do some of the half tracks, but the trucks never move!? I've waited 10 or 15 turns and then surrendered to check the German advance and those trucks have not moved???

Any sugestions? It would be nice to give units objectives in operations like you do in battles!

This maybe one that can only be played against the living.

In one of my own scenarios I tried to do the same. Put infantry riding on trucks. But those trucks just stayed as far from the battle as possible. AFAIK there's not much you can do about this, AI just works that way. I replaced trucks with half tracks and then things worked like I had in mind.

The same problem occurs with mounted guns. Why doesn't the A/I take advantage of deploying mounted guns. I designed a scenario that had 75mm Infantry guns mounted behind trucks. After turn 25 or so I decided to surrender so I could check the troops remaining on the map. Four trucks with 75mm Infantry guns in tow where in their initial start positions. They did not move. The A/I must not be sophisticated enough to be able to deploy guns. It also tends to suicide charge a first contact with everything it has. Is the new version of the game going to have better A/I? Probably not, I would assume. Probaly not until BTS redesigns the game engine. Even then it may not be adequate except for learning the basics of the game.