Very Nice Websites

There are a lot of great support sites for CM out there, so many! They all offer something to the die hard CM fighter.

I just visited Der Kessel, from Germanboy and Gregory Mudry and was quite impressed with the amount of material and especially detail offered there.

Of course the work done by Admiral Keith and Big Dog is the very best, offering scenarios from so many.

I would be amiss if I did not mention the Raider's contribution to the game with the Boots N' Tracks site.

We'll be posting a few new ones very soon also.

Isn't it great to have all these mods, scenarios, operations, maps, and information at our fingertips.

A lot of people have done a lot of work to enhance our gaming experience.

Wild Bill

I frequently visit the Combat Mission Scenario Depot with all the reviews. Really interesting to read. And also cruise around all those other sites like Combat Mission Canadian Bitmaps and The Combat Mission Times. Kudos to all those who make a great game like CM even better for all of us!

Whoops! Almost forgot, a special thank you to you, Wild Bill, for all your great scenarios. I even have some of your scenarios/battles for Steel Panthers and Panzer Commander. Thanks again!

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Wally's World ]

Wally you are dead on. Thanks for all your hard work! I don't think I would have ever even started working on scenarios if someone like you had not used the CM scenario editor to such good effect. I also like you Steel Panther scenarios. Good work Bill.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

If it weren't for my blasted day job in addition to my side businesses(plural), I'd have considerably more features added to The Scenario Depot. 14+ hours per day for the last few weeks is starting to take its toll. Once the pace slows a bit, I'll once again be adding all manner of interesting scenario-related features. I've also managed to scrounge up about 30+ battles and operations from really old CM sites, and I'll get those posted once I contact the authors.

Thank God making homebrew doesn't take that much time. Heck, even if it did, I'd consider giving up my day job. Hard to beat a 25 proof Russian Imperial Stout.

Good going Panzerman! Yes, you can do it and you did it.

I love seeing this great interest in scenario design.

That is how it should be. The addition of editors to the games had its beginning with TANKS by Norm Koger, at least to my limited knowledge.

Now a plethora of fine work from so many talented people gives us untold hours of fun at the computer.

Glad to hear this my friend. Thanks for sharing...Wild Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Where do you live, and is it within driving distance smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So. Ca...Garden Grove...At least it's within driving distance for me. Once I finish my next batch of homebrew, I'm seriously contemplating hosting a So Cal CM get-together.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

Good going Panzerman! Yes, you can do it and you did it.

I love seeing this great interest in scenario design.

That is how it should be. The addition of editors to the games had its beginning with TANKS by Norm Koger, at least to my limited knowledge.

Now a plethora of fine work from so many talented people gives us untold hours of fun at the computer.

Glad to hear this my friend. Thanks for sharing...Wild Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bill. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

I just visited Der Kessel, from Germanboy and Gregory Mudry and was quite impressed with the amount of material and especially detail offered there.

Wild Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Wild Bill smile.gif I just got back from my holidays in Spain and hope to get up my (hannover Germany time) a update friday night! smile.gif

GOD HOW I MISSED THE INTERNET THERE :D

nice to be back.

Menschy

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: mensch ]