BTS - Feeling lonely, CMBB-less and let down in Holland

:confused:

I would really like to buy CMBB. I pre-ordered CMBO way back and was very happy to buy direct from the US, no problems, and I have loved the game (and lurked here) ever since.

Now I want CMBB but no-one seems to care. CDV's site (which is very poor in terms of information) only mentions UK & Germany release. Game.com in the UK will not ship to mainland Europe. I am a brit living in Holland and don't speak German, so the German edition is no use to me. So it looks like one less CMBB sale for Battlefront.

Can anyone in the US arrange to get me a copy? Or someone in the UK when it is out there? DOes anyone know if there is going to be a version of the game in The Netherlands? I guess no-one cares, because it's only a small market...

Disappointed!!!

I too am a Brit living in The Netherlands. Amazon.co.uk will ship to NLDS and I've used UK online gaming sites before to buy English versions of several games (my Dutch is woefully poor :( ). Off the top of my head www.play.com is good bet (very good DVD prices as well btw), I've used them before.

I also see English versions of CMBO in my local Dynabyte so hopefully there will be English versions of CMBB as well. Don't give up hope just yet!

As an aside. I hope CDV aren't thinking of releasing the German language version in Holland, that wouldn't go down well here I can tell you!

This is how rumours get started, eh?

Rumour one, no doubt to be a hard fact in about 2 hours:

- there will be no release in Holland

to be countered by rumour two, in about three hours:

- there will be a release in Holland, but it will be the German language version...

Really...

Originally posted by Andreas:

Rumour one, no doubt to be a hard fact in about 2 hours:

- there will be no release in Holland

to be countered by rumour two, in about three hours:

- there will be a release in Holland, but it will be the German language version...

Really...

Me very f..k There be no HOLLANDS vesion. WY CDV & BCF. Why, me very f..k. Anser plese. Me wanna oder from amerika State.grrrr :mad:

(The typical European [no names mentioned] reply to a rumour of this kind... ) tongue.gif

Disclaimer : My comment does NOT refer to the persons that posted in this particular thread.

[ September 13, 2002, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Prinz Eugen ]

Guys as a dutchman myself I know the problem

I have been thinking of how to solve this issue

and together with several other dutch guys I came up with two possible solutions.

email me in private if you like to join us

email is in profile.

err,Eugen your f..k words are not being appreciated here.

You can get around the cdv problem and get the original if you think for a while :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Andreas:

Rumours start when those who know do not give the information to those who want to know.

Nothing strange with that.

Of course then there are those who want to believe that they know, despite that they have not been told anything, (Hi Eugen ;) ).

M

The Prinz doesn't behave like his historical counter part - but maybe his name is taken from the Heavy Cruiser rather then from the Prinz.

Prinz Eugen der tapfere Ritter - Prince Eugen the brave Knight (German poem) wouldn't do so.

Nice that the Dutch doesn't appretiate swearing. I some time have to but...

Originally posted by Da Beginna:

The Prinz doesn't behave like his historical counter part - but maybe his name is taken from the Heavy Cruiser rather then from the Prinz.

Prinz Eugen der tapfere Ritter - Prince Eugen the brave Knight (German poem) wouldn't do so.

Nice that the Dutch doesn't appretiate swearing. I some time have to but...

Wow ! This is beginning to sound like the Peng thread ! :eek:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ianc:

On another topic:

It quite sucks when your sig is longer than your actual post...

ianc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its okay, it makes the thread longer, which is more impressive I suppose.

--------------------

"They buried him among the kings because he had done good towards God and towards his house"

Plaque Beneath the Unknown Soldier

It also sucks when someone who's responding to a post copies the entire previous post when theirs is the very next one...

ianc

[ September 14, 2002, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: ianc ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />quote:

On another topic:

It quite sucks when your sig is longer than your actual post...

ianc

Its okay, it makes the thread longer, which is more impressive I suppose.

--------------------

"They buried him among the kings because he had done good towards God and towards his house"

Plaque Beneath the Unknown Soldier

It also sucks when someone who's responding to a post copies the entire previous post when theirs is the very next one...

ianc</font>