Screenshots are so 90's, wheres videos?

Hello fellow gamers,

As a webmaster of my own gaming group, I'm kinda tired of putting up new screenshots every day, they just don't seem to express the real action.

My question for you, my fellow gamers, anyone know how or what program is good for recording game footage, and converting it to a .mov file for uploading?

It's very easy to to with a Mac. I don't know about Windows versions, but the screen movies should look identical.

The best program I know of is Snapz Pro by Ambrosia software. Go to http://www.versiontracker.com and to a search on snapz and you'll find it.

It records movies with sound really well and will allow you to save them out different sizes and you can specify your own audio and video codecs.

As for people using them. People seem to have enough problems finding a way to host 100k screenshots for free. I just don't see any cheap way for people to be posting 3-100MB movie files on the cheap. Sure many of us have ADSL, but with UL speeds usually in the 384Kb range. That's only about a 30k/sec max serving speed. Have 5-20 users DLing you movie and you'll have some pretty bad transfer rates.

I think the main reason you don't see them more is the bandwidth requirements for serving them up, not making them. I know I've seen a number of Mac users posting movies in the past, all made with SnapzPro.

Originally posted by Kevin Kinscherff:

Is there a technical reason why this feature cant be developed?

Yes. Been explained by BTS many times.

It was hoped to be done for CMBB, but was not something they could make happen at this time. Look for it when the engine gets re-written.

Would it be a too huge job to create some kind of "Battle Viewer"-program, where you load all the turn-files in to it and it displays the battle as a movie.

I would even pay for a program like that...

That would be very very very kool. :cool: And i too would pay for something like that. Imagine being able to watch your battles like a movie. Of course having the play,pause,stop,forward, and rewind functions there would be important. Interesting....