Commanding tank platoon movement in CMBB

My understanding is that tanks can be bought as platoons (companies even?) in CMBB, with an identified command tank. Will I be able to issue move orders to those platoons the same way as you can for infantry in CMBO (e.g. double click on platoon leader and then give order)? If so, will the tanks fan out to resume their original positions (E.g. Wedge or 'V') if they have to come into a column to negotiate a gap in an otherwise blocked path (e.g. pulling onto a road to get between buildings)?

Not much of an advance in that particular department then? After all, as it is in CM:BO the "platoon move" is just a, perhaps, slightly quicker way to affect a group move. A type of collective movement that has no relationship what so ever to organisation.

Is this what you are saying Moon?

--

M.

Well that will be a nice feature from CMBO. And from my understanding, somebody correct me if I'm wrong the turrerts will rotate independent of the hull. Now this is the feather I've been waiting for. It will look so so much more realistic than the whole tank having to turn to ingage a target. I am just dying to see the game. It's going to be super.

The tank turrets in CMBO are independant of the hulls, the tanks turn towards the threat (other tanks, AT gun, whatever) as an understandable desire to get the thickest armour (i.e. the front) inbetween the sqaushy tank crew and the threat.

If the tank is on 'hunt' orders or stationary, they will rotate the hull towards any threat as soon as they see it. On 'move' or 'fast' orders, unless the threat is really serious (i.e. a Tiger to a Stuart) the turret will rotate to engage while the tank continues on it's way.

What CM:BB will have, AFAIK, is the 'cover arc' command, which will work like the 'ambush' command except that you will be able to set two end points for the arc, and the tank will rotate the turret to cover said arc (IIRC, BTS said that this comes in two flavours, cover armour and cover infantry)

Note that the tank can rotate it's turret by setting an ambush point in the direction you want the turret to turn. (very useful on the Villers-Bocage operation).

Thanks Moon. Was it intended at one time that tanks in CMBO would have a turret direction command? I'm sure I read in an early article from Fionn Kelly about 'having tanks orientate their turrets right/left'. Was it perhaps something that didn't make it to the final cut? I have to say that while I thought the article was excellent it did confuse me quite a lot as to what you could do in the game (I didn't have it at the time). It talked about 'I leave my tank commanders in no doubt that they have discretion to withdraw etc....', giving the impression that you could give 'what if orders' too. Still the best game on the planet mind. The interactive voice command for platoon leaders will be useful mind ;) (only joking!).

The arc command will doubtless allow players to get maximum benefit from the various tank formations employed. If using a V or Wedge in CMBO (individually ordered) I always used to get a little edgy that all turrets were forward, not giving the 2-3 vital seconds needed to acquire a target quickly before being KOd. Will they attempt to resume original spacing/formation after navigating obstacles though or will they need to be halted to re-organise?