The Average Age of the Board!

The long awaited math has now been completed! The delay was caused by the real world slowing down my CM world! Here the math:

There were 142 replies to my question of age. There were:

11 who were under 20 years old

25 who were between 20 and 29 years old

52 who were between 30 and 39 years old

37 who were between 40 and 49 years old

17 who were over 50

The average age of the board is:

36.18 Years Old

The Median of the ages given:

37 Years Old

The Mode (most frequent) age given:

37 Years Old

By far, the most common ages ran from 36 to 42 years old. At 22 years old myself, I can say that I feel young here! I can also say that it is good to see a game that soo many 'older' people play. If you did this for any other game, the average would be 20 or 19 years old!

Thanks to all you 'older' men for making this game great!

Chad 'Harrison'

18 here, I didn't answer the poll. (wasn't back to posting at the time).

Being an 18 year old "military historian" (as best I can, that is) I can say this:

Thank God for older people! I know age is not always a sign of maturity (I suppose I could use myself as an example there...but I won't ;) ) but it generally plays a big part in the behavior of people.

It is SOOooooo annoying to have kiddies with no attention span that enjoy insulting people just to be insulting, finding everything they don't like about a game and beating issues into the ground...I'm gonna try not to get started.

I used to play Warbirds, an online WW2 flight sim that required a monthly fee and a fair bit of dedication to realism. Because of this, the average age was close to 30. Kiddies just didn't play.

I now play World War II Online, which is sold in a box (greater accessability) and has a small[er] monthly fee ($10). While realism is as good as the producers can get, the kiddies are INSANE...

Long story short, I'm glad this community has some wisdom and experience behind it. Some folks my age are wonderful human beings, but so many of them are little ****s.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jeffsmith:

Ehhhh??

What did he say ???

Somethin' about Math ??

I'll bet he used some calculator thingy !!!

In my day we used an Abacus !!!<hr></blockquote>

Wow, that is old. I'm probably the only 19 year old on the board with their own slide ruler. I can use it, too.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Wow, that is old. I'm probably the only 19 year old on the board with their own slide ruler. I can use it, too.<hr></blockquote>

Picking your nose doesn't count.

Hell, I never figured we were the same age. I knew you were in college, guess I always figured junior or senior

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]</p>

I'm also 18, I guess that since the younger generation (not all of us as we can see) need either a big hollywood movie or video game to get them interested in something I can see why there are more "elders" in here. For all of us 20 and under it's gonna be us preserveing history 20 years from now... smile.gif