Officially a n00b again :)

Hello all. Yank here, looking forward to getting into the game.

First off I would like to say this. This was the single easiest installation I ever had to go through! It went where I told it too, and when I went to get the tons of patches I expected... IT TOLD ME I DIDN'T NEED THEM! It actually told me, it didn't beep, let me download it without warning, anything.

Wow, what thought was put into this simple common courtesy, has me excited. I can't wait to see what kind of thought was put into the game!

If other companies would put this kind of thought into the needs of their customers, well, I'll just say...thank you guys for this, others don't realize the inconveniences they have put us through even when I've told them about it.

I grew up in the old days, when we didn't have electric power to play games like this tongue.gif

The old Avalon Hill (and others) stuff was my forte. I generally still attend the convention every year, and play Empires in Arms. I always thought the advent of computer gaming would create a wonderful platform for play. As it turns out it has gotten consistenly worse.

Well, back to the manual. Hoping for the best.

Dangit I bought this to test the playability of it, but If I was aware of the Russia version, I would definitely have done that instead! Oh well, if this is as good as it looks, I'll be ordering it soon smile.gif

CU out there guys!

Wepps draws a line across the map - "It's Normandy."

Originally posted by Wepps:

Hello all. Yank here, looking forward to getting into the game.

First off I would like to say this. This was the single easiest installation I ever had to go through! It went where I told it too, and when I went to get the tons of patches I expected... IT TOLD ME I DIDN'T NEED THEM! It actually told me, it didn't beep, let me download it without warning, anything.

Wow, what thought was put into this simple common courtesy, has me excited. I can't wait to see what kind of thought was put into the game!

If other companies would put this kind of thought into the needs of their customers, well, I'll just say...thank you guys for this, others don't realize the inconveniences they have put us through even when I've told them about it.

I grew up in the old days, when we didn't have electric power to play games like this tongue.gif

The old Avalon Hill (and others) stuff was my forte. I generally still attend the convention every year, and play Empires in Arms. I always thought the advent of computer gaming would create a wonderful platform for play. As it turns out it has gotten consistenly worse.

Well, back to the manual. Hoping for the best.

Dangit I bought this to test the playability of it, but If I was aware of the Russia version, I would definitely have done that instead! Oh well, if this is as good as it looks, I'll be ordering it soon smile.gif

CU out there guys!

Wepps draws a line across the map - "It's Normandy."

lucky you! you're gonna have a lot of fun. make sure to get a few rounds in with the ai then challenge someone in play by email or online. take a glance at my faq too.

Welcome to CM, Wepps.

Chances are pretty high that you're going to be addicted to the CM games for quite some time.

They're immersive and incredibly fun.

CMBO is an incredible game and the best war game ( actually the best game of any kind ) I've ever played. The replayability is amazing.

Be sure to check out CMBB as well. You won't regret it. As great as CMBO is, CMBB is even better.

Have fun.

Not only did it create a platform for play, it united a vast mass of previously isolated, often lonely players all over the world who thought they were the only people on earth with a fanatical devotion to wargames. And we're all here. And here yet another saved soul. Hop right in. smile.gif

Cheerio

Dandelion

Welcome Wepps! I agree with what other folks have always posted. It's so true. I too grew up with 'lack of bit/byte' power ;) and boardgames of old were my thang. Now these wonderful games are a dream come true to say the least. And as one other person noted, 'lost souls of wargaming' populate here and there are some wonderful, informative, often amusing threads. Just reading the forums get's one hot and bothered to get home

to play :D

Anyway's, have fun! (with the game AND the forum)

Donan

(Toxie)

Originally posted by Wepps:

The old Avalon Hill (and others) stuff was my forte. I generally still attend the convention every year, and play Empires in Arms.

As much as I agree with everyone's high opinion of CMBO and CMBB, don't give up Empires in Arms! That is a superb game (my very favorite board wargame out of a large number played) and hopefully one that will survive even with the advent of proper computer wargames such as discussed here.

- Rokossovski

OMG I love it.

Played the tutorial, suffered a defeat, what's the odds.

Then went and generated an automatic one. It is so easy I can't get over it. Didn't even have to read the manual. This is what it's all about folks! Won that fight vs Fallshirmjager.

Decided to create my own huge fight. American assault on a Belgian town defended by fanatical SS. I love to design scenarios, IL-2 Sturmovik saw me hosting tons of missions I created in the past. But this was sooo easy!

The result of the fight? Axis major victory, though the Americans annihilated my front defenses and blew up half the town LOL. This is FUN!

Realism is great. I love and always loved fighting in the snow (especially in Summer). I'm not waiting, time to order CMBB! Bring on the Russians!

Only one thing I've seen so far that I would have liked, more battles that were sent with the game. Many more. So, I'll be off to all your depots this afternoon to check some of YOUR missions and see what the S&T guys have come up with smile.gif

CU soon. As soon as I figure out to use my artillery better tongue.gif