Squad spacing

Many answers to this tough question.

It is nice to keep about 30m between squads to avoid arty putting the hurt on multiple units, but, with scatter they may still take damage.

The trick is, you want your squads close enough to provide mutual support for one another, too.

When you attack, sometimes its good to run the whole company in together to quickly overwhelm the (should already be suppressed) enemy position.

So, the answer is, there is no clear answer, it will always vary with situation.

The one big thing is, there is rarely cause to spread them out to the point that they are not all in command and control.

Like just about any rule of thumb there's bound to be an exception (or two) in this game, but I find that if I bunch my units up they get their butts kicked unless they are overunning a fixed position like a gun. I try to keep them as far apart as I possible can and still have at least the two formost in command of their HQ. Or if they are reconing for me, I split their squads into teams and spread them all over hell and gone without regard to anything but getting a decent LOS on juicy or dangerous looking spots of the map.