If you can spell Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious collect a prize on the way in

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Michael will make sure he doesn't swallow his tongue or choke on his own vomit.

Thank you sir.... you make a great babysitter.

Pity you allowed Gaylord to make those mudslides though ... as it now means I'll have to spend hours cleaning the mess.... instead of cooking up something nice for lunch...

Oh well I did say enjoy yourselves.. :D

Back to work... :(

[ October 16, 2002, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Rubs sleep from eyes and looks around.... what is this new place he says?,,, all these happy people sharing wine and some Australian thing made poplular by a '70s song.. hmmm this could not possibly be?, there are no warnings on the door, no harsh words, only nice things. He recognizes some of the people there, same ones, he says, the ones who villify each other constantly, but they are all laughing?, they are polite to each other? even to Gaylord! I must be in the wrong place, he says, and silently walks away....

Maybe I should come back and turn out the lights?

[ October 16, 2002, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

A hotrub in this thread??

AND a cold drink to go with it??

What have I been doing all night, well I'll tell ya, I've clearly been waisting my time playing CMBO! :( (still waiting for CMBB). :confused:

THANKS for all the "in-thread" hospitality!

Cheers!

-tom w

Relax, this is a great place to hang out while waiting for CMBB. smile.gif

[ October 16, 2002, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Persephone ]

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

A hotrub in this thread??

AND a cold drink to go with it??

What have I been doing all night, well I'll tell ya, I've clearly been waisting my time playing CMBO! :( (still waiting for CMBB). :confused:

THANKS for all the "in-thread" hospitality!

Cheers!

-tom w

Relax, this is a great place to hang out while waiting for CMBB. smile.gif </font>

Comes in, looks in the fridge, is slightly disappointed, ads "mousse au chocolat" to the list on the fridge door.

Wants to leave but discovers a bottle of 16yr old Lagavulin. Places a comfy chair near the fireplace, pours himself a glass, ads just a little bit of water, stares at the flames, starts dreaming...

Originally posted by Lutz:

Comes in, looks in the fridge, is slightly disappointed, ads "mousse au chocolat" to the list on the fridge door.

Wants to leave but discovers a bottle of 16yr old Lagavulin. Places a comfy chair near the fireplace, pours himself a glass, ads just a little bit of water, stares at the flames, starts dreaming...

Sorry for the initial disappointment on finding we were all out of Mousse Au Chocolat.

I have now restocked the fridge with Double Choc Cheesecake, Tiramisu, Profiteroles, and plenty Tortoni with triple helpings of cherries.

We have a new extra large fridge arriving this afternoon, and I asked the delivery guy to make sure it's stocked high with Mousse Au Chocolat....

Failing that you'll just have to settle for good old Chocolate Mousse :D

So glad you found yourself a comfy chair to sit and sip the Lagavulin from...

Plenty more where that came from.. ;)

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Rubs sleep from eyes and looks around.... what is this new place he says?,,, all these happy people sharing wine and some Australian thing made poplular by a '70s song.. hmmm this could not possibly be?, there are no warnings on the door, no harsh words, only nice things. He recognizes some of the people there, same ones, he says, the ones who villify each other constantly, but they are all laughing?, they are polite to each other? even to Gaylord! I must be in the wrong place, he says, and silently walks away....

Maybe I should come back and turn out the lights?

Didn't anyone tell you not to turn the lights on!!

We only use candles in here... We have dozens of the things, in all shapes and sizes and all perfumed with the most amazing aromas.... So yes come back, but leave the lights off. I think you'll find it a lot more calming..

Originally posted by Seanachai:

You keep cats that are larger than your children.

Any hopes you might have of carrying off the role of leering womanizer are laughable.

I may be married, but I ain't dead. Besides, Jeeves the Wonder-Cat is a total chick-magnet. His purr will stop a hottie at 30 yards.

Now, I can't help noticing that some of these scented candles smell rather...exotic. I think I shall have to grab some of Lutz's Lagavulin to counterbalance them. Just a spring water chaser on the side, laddie.

(cleans his boots, comes in, blushes...)

Hi everyone, got a couple of eighties boardgames with me, I'll put them on the table beside the fireplace in case anybody likes a try at Wooden Ships or Awful Green Things From Outer Space...

Time definitely seems to flow much slower in this thread, so I might give Vietnam (VG) another try. Ahhhhh.....

Oh yes, there's some fine Hasseröder Pilsener, too. Help yourself, we got plenty. Sorry, no glasses.

Can I put on CD2 of Bitches Brew?

Originally posted by jdmorse:

Ahh ... "tales of brave Ulysses, as his naked ears were torutured, by the Sirens sweetly singing..."

Perhaps being an L'avocat has made me cynical

JD...pull up a comfy chair by the fireplace...have a drink...and some dessert...cheesecake?

Originally posted by Zarquon:

Hi everyone, got a couple of eighties boardgames with me, I'll put them on the table beside the fireplace in case anybody likes a try at Wooden Ships or Awful Green Things From Outer Space...

Time definitely seems to flow much slower in this thread, so I might give Vietnam (VG) another try. Ahhhhh.....

Oh yes, there's some fine Hasseröder Pilsener, too. Help yourself, we got plenty. Sorry, no glasses.

Sure... I have both the original and the 4 CD box set w/ about a dozen new tracks from that era. Spanish Key is the cat's meow to me, almost as phenomenal a listen as (oh gosh, Miles is gonna rinse it out!) Pharoah's Dance is. Do ya like any of these as well, they are my favs:

Kind of Blue (of course)

Sorceror (Masqualero is one of my top 5 miles tunes, gotta love Wayne Shorter on that whole CD...wow)

Miles in the Sky

In a Silent Way

Miles Davis: Live Evil

Cheers,

SM

edited b/c of the daggone ubb code

[ October 16, 2002, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

Originally posted by Zarquon:

In this kind of atmosphere, I think Cosmic Encounter or Illuminati would be more appropriate, and more people could join in the fun. Keep a bottle of that Pilsner cool for me, would you.

Just listening to Live Around The World, recorded in 1988/89. I don't know much about jazz; this album is quite funky, upbeat and easy to get into, although 'Tutu'(?) didn't do it for me.

I never bought the fifties/early sixties Miles' stuff, although it might come with age smile.gif

I've heard that Tutu is a must-listen for Miles fans but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I prefer his fusion stuff, anything that is at least a slight departure from tracks that sound completely normal. I would say that Miles in the Sky is the 1st album chronologically speaking that does it for me in that way. The more psychedelic tracks are very funky and experimental to me, w/o losing coherence; Bitches Brew is the finest example of this for my tastes.

Never played Cosmic Encounter, what is it, anyway? You're right about the cozy games fitting in here. What about V.I.P.E.R, then? A space racing game, played on the floor. Accelerate by 30 cm/turn, race around the sofa where gpig is still napping, turn left sharply 60° towards the fridge at an astounding 225 cm/turn (a long tape measure comes in handy). Hmmmm.... you guessed the distance wrong and crashed into the stove? Never mind, have another beer.