are Puppchen gamey?

Hi,

The other day I played a tcp/ip and i was on the defence (combined arms), i decided to cover parts my big guns couldn't see with small low cost Puppchen (quite a few i must say). When my opponent found out he almost got a heartattack! :eek: Now my question to you is, is using (a lot of) Puppchen:

1)unhistorical

2)gamey?

thanks!

ps.: Thanks for this great game!

I think that their historical rarity makes them "gamey" in the eyes of some, esp. if you buy lots in a smallish battle, or "always" buy them b/c in comparison they give you an advantage if you are obsessed w/ winning as opposed to having fun.

At Warfare HQ / www.warfarehq.com , Scipio has Purchase rules, which amongst other efforts limits these rare guns. Here's an excerpt:

Generally Restricted

Recoiless Rifles and technical similar weapons are for several reason only restricted available. Most important is, CM allows an unhistoric use, and they were relativ rarely seen at the front. Allowed to puchase:

Battles with

less then 2000 purchase points = 1 allowed

2000 - 3000 purchase points = 2 allowed

5000+ purchase points = 3 allowed

1 or 2 allowed means : 1 or 2 of all types together, not 1 or 2 of each type

Axis:

75mm Recoiless Rifle

88mm Raketenwerfer43 Pueppchen

8cm Panzerabwehrwerfer 600

Allies:

57mm Recoiless Rifle

105mm Recoiless Rifle

These are of course optional rules used just so ppl see eye to eye and there's no cries of "gamey" and it all stays fun and sportsmanlike.

Hope this helps,

S.M.

[ April 09, 2002, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

He shouldn't be worried too about the Puppchens. They've got their severe weaknesses that could be exploited once ID'ed. Besides, if the rules/restrictions weren't agreed to beforehand, then I say everything's fair game, even gamey SMG hordes.

Some people like to play gamey games, and that's cool as long as both parties are clear on what they are doing. Somewhat similar are "what-if" games where both parties are agreed to see what it would have been like if, say, the Pershing had gone into production six months sooner and the Germans had produced more Pak 43s.

As far as historical gaming goes, I will be very interested to see what BTS does with the rarity factor in CM:BB.

Michael

Never read that a chess move is "gamey". This IS a game...

In the reality there were not flag where everyone -also the "hard" (not gamey) players- runs at the last turn...

This is only my opinion.

Marco

Ah yes, chess moves are not "gamey". But in chess, the bishop can only move on its diagonal, whereas a bishop equivalent in the CM environment (the 7/2 Flak Trak) can move in diagonals AND in Circles (far more difficult to kill than in reality).

Im all for the limit on Pupps...in a current PBEM game a "crack" puppy knocked out three of my Shermans and a Greyhound before I knew what was happening. I finally had to mount an infantry charge to take it out..ouch! mommy!

[ April 13, 2002, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Degus ]