OP Sea Lion

Has anyone played operation Sea Lion as German and beat the allies? I know I'm not a great attacker, but hey, I inflicted 3-4 times more casualties and same factor for destroyed vehicles (practically all were tanks - a lot of points), but allies had a TOTAL VICTORY... :mad:

I know I should advance more, but single battles are only 15 turns and I could advance in only first 6-8 turns, afterwards I had to fend off swarms of allied tanks and infantry. Is it possible to win this OP? Anyone?

I sincerely hope to be able to win it!!

I am just playing the second battle at the moment against a Human. (Well I think he is human. ;) )

I will be able to tell you more in three months time.

So please don't post any spoliers and ruin our fun...

On a more serious point I think the problem might have been not advancing as far as the airfield which is in the briefing?

I know on the other Op I have finished (Herliasm Cut off) the aim was destroying more than the defender.

This Op (Sealion) can only be won by advancing far enough in the time given. So no matter how much you destroy you are not going to win as an attacker unless you move down that map.

A thing easier said than done.

As for my Opponent I am sure he will chip in soon on his opinion, he has warned me that my easy ride from the 1st battle is over and I will have a tough time of it.

H

If you win against human... God praise you! :D

I will not ruin your game, no spoilers from me. Just one thing - I also thought that it will all be easy as in the first battle... Yes, I also think you must advance enough to win, but how to do it? As I said, it's just too much men and too little time... And good luck!

This was the second operation I played and I think I managed a draw or minor victory - (it was a long time ago) - so it is possible. It was also the first version so it has changed a little bit.

I still did not make it to the airfield but went like hell for it! Losses were high but if I had used my artillery assets a bit more carefully I think I could have done better.

I was also short of infantry early on because many of my paratroops did not make it back to the DZ on time...! redface.gif Force preservation and a mechanized reserve were very important.

It is definitly one of the most enjoyable operations I have played and I will be trying again now to see how the 1.01 version goes.

Michael smile.gif