After CMBB ?

Hello,

Looking at all the fantastic features of CMBB (and CMBO of course !), i was wondering about the possibility of a kind of "mega game". I explain. The historic theater of CMBO is 1944-1945 western front. CMBB will take place during four years, 1941 to 1945, in eastern Europe, Finland and Caucasus. Programmers have created different kind of theaters : northern, middle, southern Russia. So, is it possible to create a game which contains, from 1939 to 1945, all vehicles, all troops, all kind of theaters (western Europe, Russia, north Africa...) ? I know this will represent a huge quantity of data but, except for desert battlefields, french, italian and polish 1939-1940 equipment, a lot of the job exists now.

What do you think about this ?

Thanks for your answers ! smile.gif

What BTS has said about planned developments for CM is that CM3 will cover the Mediterranean area 1941-45 and will incorporate an engine rewrite.

CM4 will cover the Blitzkrieg years 1939-40.

BTS has not so far as I know committed themselves to a grand campaign game tying all the theaters and years of the war together, but assuming that the demand was sufficient, as you say it should not be too hard to put one together in one package. I would assume that after CM4, all the hardest work would have been done.

Michael

Originally posted by illo:

I only hope we get lots of frequent patches to CM:BB

:eek: I hope that there aren't need for "lots of frequent patches to CM:BB" Supposedly, that would mean that it wasn't released..."when it'd done" but rather..."when it's just about done."

The idea of revisiting the western theater with the new engine sounds cool. For those who have wondered "What would have happened had the Russians and the Americans (et al.) had gone toe to toe?" Now, for this non-grog, that would be interesting.

-R

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

What BTS has said about planned developments for CM is that CM3 will cover the Mediterranean area 1941-45 and will incorporate an engine rewrite.

CM4 will cover the Blitzkrieg years 1939-40.

Michael

...that being said:

Anyone know the release date for CM3?

I heard it was the fith and 2/3 quarter of the first half of the next decade. Wonder who's sea mod they're going to use...? Do I smell a "Sea Mod" contest on the horizon?