CMBB infantry helmets

Will the good ol' boys of BTS be changing the helmet models of infantry, especially SS units which had the cloth covered helmets? Or will they stick to the CMBO models. I think this would be a great little "detail" because the camo helmet mods just don't fit onto the designated model properly ( they just don't have the right look).

(Am I being picky?)

When did the SS adopt the covered helmet?

Not sure when they adopted them officially, but I have pictures from a book, (Grenadiers, bu Kurt Meyer) which shows SS soldiers having camo uniforms and cloth covered helmets (the cloth also being camo) in Poland, 1939. I am not sure if it was common at the time, but there are two or three different pictures showing soldiers from the SS lieberstandarte with camo uniforms and cloth covered helmets.

Hope that helps, somewhat.

The German Army also issued cloth covers in splinter pattern and tan water pattern. Equally popular was the strap from the Bread Bag, wrapped around the helmet just above the "kink" over the ears, folded, and also wrapped vertically on each side. Wide mesh barbed wire and camo nets were also used.

Rommel22 is right, SS troops used camo covers from early on (with their special rocker clips to hold them in place).

I think the early war decals would be a nice touch - at least once the 1940 period is visited, but even for CMBB. In 1940 the tricolour decal was deleted, but the eagle was officially retained on the left side until 1943. The SS and Luft helmet decals were pretty striking as well.

You can put British and Canadian helmet decals on in CMBO but not German ones because the texture is repeated from the crown to the side kinks; perhaps we picky few will see a change to this in CMBB?

There is also the matter of cuff titles on German troops, which were worn on only one sleeve....left for SS, right for GD...