Man, am I pathetic or what? (MOD preview inside)

So I spent a couple hours (!) trying to download, play it for, oh, maybe 10 minutes, and then open up Photoshop, and, well, you know the rest.

Here's what I splapped together:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

Arms and legs need work, and I'm still working on the officers, and later uniforms will follow shortly. I promise it will be released by the 20th! :D

Looks kind of blurry in the demo. I tested the same textures in CMBO and they look REALLY sharp. These are NOT recolored stock graphics, but all new "scratchbuilt" (to borrow a modeler's term" textures. They give the uniforms a more contrasty and warmer look. The originals look great but I thought they looked a little too cyan. Some of the field gear is from photos, other bits are handmade in Photoshop. Can you tell which is which? smile.gif

Can't wait till I get my hands on the real thing!

Originally posted by Commissar:

Don't ignore your comrades in the Red Army. Uncle Joe would not like it and it is often unwise to get him upset. :D

Don't worry, comrade! I have not forgotten the great patriotic defenders of the Motherland. I just had all this German stuff floating around here from my CMBO mods.

smile.gif

modhat.jpg

I'll throw in this version of the Old Style Officer's Field Cap (crusher). It's an alternative to the Schirmmütze that BFC included, essentially it is the same hat with the metal chincords removed. In reality the differences were more pronounced but would not be visible in its CM form (different material, BEVO insignia rather than wire embroidered, etc.)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Andrew, I put a breadbag strap onto the German helmet but don't have the patience to clean it up any - were you planning any German helmet mods?

Yeah, I was planning on doing the same thing, along with maybe some chickenwire (...always with the chickenwire :rolleyes: )

Dig the crusher cap.

As I stated, I want to have this ready by 9/20.

smile.gif

[ September 02, 2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Andrew, I put a breadbag strap onto the German helmet but don't have the patience to clean it up any - were you planning any German helmet mods?

Yeah, I was planning on doing the same thing, along with maybe some chickenwire (...always with the chickenwire :rolleyes: )

Dig the crusher cap.

As I stated, I want to have this ready by 9/20.

smile.gif </font>

Michael

Could you be so kind as to e-mail the bmp for your helmet with the breadbag strap? I'd like to take a look at what you did. smile.gif

Also--maybe someone out there knows--I remember once not too long ago I ran across a website that gave the whole rundown on German helmets complete with paint colors and markings. Like a moron I didn't bookmark it. Anyone recognize it and know the URL. Keep in mind that there is a good possibility that I am delusional and such a site does not exist at all. tongue.gif

Another question: what's the preference for fieldgear? The original CMBB-style a-frame assualt getup with zeltbahn, etc. or the just basic gear as seen on the figure of the gunner. I prefer the latter myself.

I also noticed that the gunner/weapons crew/spotter figure mentioned above has its own bmp (obviously). Maybe I should make him an NCO, and get rid of the Mauser ammo pouches and replace them with a pistol holster, as that's all the crews are armed with anyhow. Opinions?

smile.gif

For weapons crews, you may want to use a pistol and a machine gun accessories pouch.

As emailed, I sent you the bmp. Not a lot to start with. I am looking for my real breadbag strap and if I find it, I will photo it on one of my helmets.

The URL you want is on google, I accessed the German helmet site last night - search for German helmets and I think it comes up in the first couple of hits. Sadly enough, their breadbag strap page is not completed! The site is professional looking but is lacking in content right now. Should be one to watch.