Soviet support weapon selection.

I think Bastable offered the official line on this, saying only guns used up to division were modeled for direct use, and in the case of two types being available, the lighter version was chosen. For rifle divisions, divisional guns were both the 122mm gun-howitzer and 76.2mm divisional gun. Hence, only the 76.2mm gun is represented.

The reason why the Germans have 150mm infantry gun for use is that these were German regimental guns.

Errr I never came up with this "Div guns only" line. I don't remember having a direct pipeline to the BTS’s “gun to model/implement” selection process at any point in my life. I might add I was personally disappointed in the lack of German 10cm K18 gun myself.

Originally posted by Bastables:

Errr I never came up with this "Div guns only" line. I don't remember having a direct pipeline to the BTS’s “gun to model/implement” selection process at any point in my life. I might add I was personally disappointed in the lack of German 10cm K18 gun myself.

Well, a few of us begged but Steve said No Way.

I think the 122mm would be a nice addition, but it is a moot point at this time.

WWB

Right, Bastables. Got you mixed up with Bullethead.

CMBB follows the same system used by CMBO as regards what heavy guns are available on-map. The highest level available in both cases is the division's arty regiment--if the gun was only found at corps-level and above, it's not going to be on the map. In addition, if the divisional arty had multiple calibers, the biggest size isn't seen on the map.

So in CMBB, the Russian divisional arty for most of the war had 76mm and 122mm pieces. At the very beginning and very end, there were also 152mm tubes, but neither for very long. So following the same rule as in CMBO, the Russians should only have 76mm guns on the map, nothing bigger.

--------------------

-Bullethead

I agree that it sucks.

German infantry vs. Russian infantry have a big HE advantage. Best thing the Russians have is the 85mm AAA, until 1945 when they get the 100mm AT gun.

What I'll do when I want the Germans to overrun some 122mm or 152mm guns, is give the Russians the 100mm AT gun with no AP or only a handful. To simulate those big guns.

Originally posted by Warlord69:

I agree that it sucks.

German infantry vs. Russian infantry have a big HE advantage. Best thing the Russians have is the 85mm AAA, until 1945 when they get the 100mm AT gun.

What I'll do when I want the Germans to overrun some 122mm or 152mm guns, is give the Russians the 100mm AT gun with no AP or only a handful. To simulate those big guns.

But that's the reality, the russian infantry regiment has 76mm guns and the divisional artillery has a mix of 122 and 76. Obviously the 76mm guns will be the ones used in direct-fire (exceptions excepted of course ;) ).

And I wonder if having bif guns as standard support weapon really is an advantadge, it is one a gun-for-gun basis but the russians will have more and handier guns.

ps. Not that I would be against having 122 or 152mm guns as direct-fire assets :D