Soviet Anthem

Has anyone downloaded the Soviet Anthem from CMMods, and if so, could you tell me if it's possible to use it as a replacement for the CMBB opening music? I note that it is not a .wav file. Is it possible to convert it to a .wav file? I've grown annoyed with "Night on Bald Mountain." If I've got my volume cranked on boot up, it scares the hell outta me!

Thanks in advance!

I didn't download the file yet (but it's incoming).

In general you can convert mp3-files to wav, e.g. using win-amp. I think the 2.x version of winamp had a 'Disk-Writer' plugin-in that created wavs. Then you have to rename the file and copy it to your wav folder. Don't ask me about the wav number of the intro - I can't check that right now. I'll post it later. Or just sort the files in the wav folder by file size, and listen to the largest files you'll find it soon.

[ December 05, 2002, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: pakfan ]

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

IIRC the file already has the good name/number... smile.gif

I'll check that when it's here ;) . 15MB. Takes a while. But while I'm waiting I can fight the pop-ups... ;)

Edit:

Hm. Now I've got the file. The name is correct, but it's an AIFF file. I'm not sure which free utilities can convert these. Maybe CoolEdit 2k from http://www.syntrillium.com/ does it.

[ December 05, 2002, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: pakfan ]

Damn, converted Lili marleen sang by the 6th panzergrenadier division to .wav from .mp3 with winamp disk writer, renamed it to 00005010.wav and put it in wavs, and when i open the game, it plays the song but in speed, like very fast when you increase speed in windows sound recorder , they sound like donald ducks smile.gif

anyone has an idea what's causing this?

Btw, you can get the great lili marleen version at

http://ingeb.org/garb/lmarleen.html

Lile Marlene! Now that would rock as opening music. I'm going to try to convert the Russian Anthem first tho. Talk about stirring music; second only to the Marsielles (sorry about the spelling, Frenchies). Don't have a clue what these Russians are saying, probably something about how good it is to be a godless, souless, communist; and, gosh, what a great guy comrade Lenin is. Still and all, sounds cool.

Are you back in the USA, Shawn? Did Europe survive?

I have the "Red October" theme Russian anthemn correctly named and ready for dropping in the CMBB wav folder. I got it off the movie CD. It's 45MB zipped. Too big to email.

Let me know if you are around and you can pick it up sometime. It is an awesome start to CMBB, particularly if you get one of those great new splashscreens at CM Mod Database. I'm using Pakfan's "g" model.

Sorry guys,

I posted it as an aiff because the mac version of CMBB uses aiff format for the opening music. I didn't realize the PC version uses wav.

Just to clarify, most of the sounds on the Mac are indeed .wav but 9 of them are .aiff including the opening music [ 00005010.aiff]

smile.gif

Originally posted by Kiltie Lad:

Lile Marlene! Now that would rock as opening music. I'm going to try to convert the Russian Anthem first tho. Talk about stirring music; second only to the Marsielles (sorry about the spelling, Frenchies). Don't have a clue what these Russians are saying, probably something about how good it is to be a godless, souless, communist; and, gosh, what a great guy comrade Lenin is. Still and all, sounds cool.

IMHO "Lili Marleen" should be reserved for the title music for the Desert/Med release of CM, with alternate versions in German (Lale Anderson), English (Marlene Dietrich), French (Amanda Lear?!) and Italian if available, with Dennis Healey's rendition of "The D-Day Dodgers" as a bonus track. "Lili Marleen" is, after all, the established theme tune for the "Krieg ohne Haas" ("War without hate") of the Western Desert, and that is a description hardly applicable to the Ostfront.

For Red Music, the Internationale is a good, stirring song, and to my mind most singable in the original French. In the spirit of the heroes of the Valley of Jarama and internationalist solidarity with the proletarian and progressive elements of the Western working classes, one might also hope for a version of "Viva la Quince Brigada", which Pete Seeger did tolerably well.

[stands on table, grasps bottle of vodka]

"Debout, les damnés de la Terre,

Debout, les forçats de la faim,

La raison sonne en son cratère,

C'est l'éruption de la fin!"

John.

[ December 05, 2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: John D Salt ]