Why can't I use HTML in the GENERAL FORUM?

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by argie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Just curious really.

Anyone know the answer?

Because in the General Forum every tool can become a deadly weapon.</font>

Emma dear lady, it's clear that your recent infatuation with HTML has turned into, how to put this, a problem. Those of us who know and love you are determined that we will help you in your hour of need and have formed an intervention of which the General Forum is part.

Emma ... JUST SAY NO! Sure, maybe it's just the font size now ... but soon you won't be satisfied with that and you'll move on to the HARD STUFF ... COLORS!

Joe

[ March 24, 2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by YK2:

Just curious really.

Anyone know the answer?

Errm...because the General Forum is where all the whack jobs, gun nuts, and cultists hang out, and you wouldn't trust most of them with an empty matchbox, let alone the power to alter the fabric of the Board?

I think an exception should be made for you, of course. I trust you to use the powers of HTML only for good, and never for evil.

My guess is, because they allow a greater latitude of 'expression' on the General Forum, and because that greater latitude of 'expression' means that a whole lot of weird gibberish is discussed, they don't patrol it quite as heavily, and therefore don't want to wander in one day and find that some pillock has posted multiple direct links to their favourite your obsessively and slavishly served cult site here all over their website, making it show up on the radar screen as 'linked, however unintentionally, to innumerable sites so questionable that they are headquartered in Florida'. After all, the General Forum is the zone for 'free range' lunatics on the Board, with less chemical additives (read: medication) applied, which gives the posts there all the natural goodness of true and unadultered madness and idiocy.

Mind, most of them are still septic enough to kill carrion eaters.

[ March 24, 2002, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Emma dear lady, it's clear that your recent infatuation with HTML has turned into, how to put this, a problem. Those of us who know and love you are determined that we will help you in your hour of need and have formed an intervention of which the General Forum is part.

Emma ... JUST SAY NO! Sure, maybe it's just the font size now ... but soon you won't be satisfied with that and you'll move on to the HARD STUFF ... COLORS!

Joe

Thanks for your concern Joe it's appreciated, but I wasn't about to lose control using all those colours I just wanted to brighten up my day a little, seeing as I can't do that in the General Forum.....

<FONT COLOR = RED>

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY YK2*** <FONT COLOR=BLACK>

There that's better :D

Now off with me.... Imagine today of all days having to go to work :(

[ March 25, 2002, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I think an exception should be made for you, of course. I trust you to use the powers of HTML only for good, and never for evil.

Thanks for the reply, PawBroon told me more or less the same thing, I just felt that BTS could at least give us the benefit of using HTML whenever or wherever, I'm sure with all the technology these days they could soon sort out the good from the bad.

Anyway, who am I to argue, guess that would be too much work for them to handle..

BTW SEAN I for one would use my HTML powers only for the good of mankind..

OOps is that the time..... (late for work )

<FONT COLOR = RED>

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY YK2*** <FONT COLOR=BLACK>

There you are celebrating without me!!

Roight!

Nothing special tonight.

Serves you...

Besides, shouldn't you really be more focused on the benefits of Marcelkind?!

It's always more satisfying when you can rate the results of your policy on the spot.

And before I forget:

Old Fart!

<FONT COLOR = 0066CC><FONT SIZE = 5>

***<FONT COLOR = CC3333>HAPPY BIRTHDAY YK2<FONT COLOR = 0066CC>***

<FONT COLOR=BLACK><FONT SIZE =3></BR>

Have a fun day!

:D

<FONT SIZE =1>

Persephone</BR>

[ March 25, 2002, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Persephone ]