Freakish Graphics on the M20?

Yup, it's your computer about to melt-down alright.

Believe it or not that little strip for the top of the .50 cal Browning has its own bmp graphic. If your machines starting to swap-out graphics I'd say (if you have a mac) your B-tree's goin' wacky and you need to rebuild the desktop. If you have a pc, what I just said will be jibberish.

I'm guessing that you've got a mac. What I would guess you did is overload a resource file. They can only hold 16 megs of data.

What generally happens (say with MCM) is that it fails silently. That is, it can't install the mod due to lack of space but it doesn't tell you that. Then one or more textures will be missing from the game and CM puts something in there anyway.

In my experience the problem isn't a filesystem problem but a silently-missing-texture problem.

Thankfully that's gone in CMBB (yay, no resource fork graphics).

Originally posted by Cameroon:

I'm guessing that you've got a mac.

Naw, a PC. It is really odd looking. It's not replacing an existing bmp texture, it's adding a new one all together. In between the two supports for the .50 cal is a quarter of the wheel (reduced in size) that comes from the side bmp of the same vehcicle.

I'm going to go see if my buddy's M20's have the same problem. I really don't think I've discovered something new though. I think it's probably these damn buggy Nvidia drivers I'm still using. That, and the pathetic Windows Me OS.

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

I noticed between the .50 cal mount on the M20 ...

What are you doing, using M20s to defend Gestapo HQ in downtown Berlin from the Americans? Prepare to greet your M20's original owners :D , if you get me a turn today.

Dave