Holes in terrain on slopes

I noticed that woods, tall pines, scattered trees and similar "overlay" terrain types have holes if they are on sloped ground.

What I mean with holes is that there are open ground spots in those tiles that can be found with the LOS tool or movement commands.

It also seems that units in those holes do not get the cover/concealment bonus of the surrounding terrain.

Is this issue already known?

Dschugaschwili

Those are tourist traps. They are designated 'Trees of mystery', 'Magnetic Vortex', or 'Amazing anti-gravity Shack' as the case may be, but in all of them a handgrenade will roll uphill. If your troops enter one, they have to pay admission and buy a souvenir (the encumbrance of which reduces their effective 'fitness' level by one notch).

Hope this helps,

--CM

[ November 21, 2002, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Originally posted by Offwhite:

Are you seeing this wherever there is an elevation change, or only when it's steep enough to actually display as "Slope" terrain? And have you got any screenshots? I haven't noticed the issue, so I'd like to know what to look for.

It has to be steep enough to be "slope", as in "trees on slope". It's quite noticable in the converted "Valley of Trouble" scenario. The front side of the hill on the attacker's side of the map is sloped enough and covered with tall pines. You can easily find open ground spots in this area using the LOS tool, probably even by placing units during setup (I don't know if the setup zone reaches far enough forward). When I played this scenario, one of my MGs that I was moving into position was spotted and fired upon when it entered a hole in this area, and of course it was quickly routed because of lack of cover.

Dschugaschwili

Originally posted by Dschugaschwili:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Offwhite:

Are you seeing this wherever there is an elevation change, or only when it's steep enough to actually display as "Slope" terrain? And have you got any screenshots? I haven't noticed the issue, so I'd like to know what to look for.

It has to be steep enough to be "slope", as in "trees on slope". It's quite noticable in the converted "Valley of Trouble" scenario. The front side of the hill on the attacker's side of the map is sloped enough and covered with tall pines.</font>

Originally posted by CMplayer:

Those are tourist traps. They are designated 'Trees of mystery', 'Magnetic Vortex', or 'Amazing anti-gravity Shack' as the case may be, but in all of them a handgrenade will roll uphill. If your troops enter one, they have to pay admission and buy a souvenir (the encumbrance of which reduces their effective 'fitness' level by one notch).

Hope this helps,

--CM

Hey, I've been to that shack, at least the famous one in Oregon. My dad, the lifetime engineer, had a blast giving a hard time to the guide smile.gif

[ November 22, 2002, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]