Help ! How I can install 30.xx driver in XP for GeForce4 TI 4200 8X 128MB?

Greetings:

I´m a suffered usuary of trio CMBB/GeForce4 TI 4200/Windows XP; I have proven of everything and also all drivers

of Nvidia; even a clean installation of XP without anything but that drivers of Nvidia...... all the cases.. the result is the same one: the graphic textures as trees , land craters, contours, flags, etc....are blinking constantly, appearing and disappearing ; although the program seems to work well in general. I think that my problem with CMBB is due to drivers 4x.xx, if no, I´dont know that can I do.......

Consulting these forums, and the usual problems of Nvidia in XP with CMBB; I have proven all the options except

to be able to install drivers 30,82 or 30,87......., I´ve understood that is possible to be installed , so that they recognize the GeForce4 editing the file "nv4_disp.inf" but I´ve not found that it is what exactly I must modify..........can you help me?

Thanks

[ April 09, 2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: surgical ]

Well...... I`m approached to the solution; with driver 31.00 it happens just like with 30.xx.....no installs them.

With the 31,40 WHQL, the problem has been reduced greatly , although it persists slightly in some terrain contours

and mainly , in craters , it has improved enough......... any idea?

Hi, maybe I can get some help on this. I apolgize if this has already been addressed. I am running windows xp with a GeForce 4600 Ti. Both the cmbb and cmbo demos ran perfectly fine. Then I installed the new detonator drivers.. I'm not very knowledgable in this area... anyways, after I installed the new drivers, both the demos no longer played fine. The problem is that the framerate drops a huge amount making the demos are unplayable. Any thing I can do other than rolling back my driver?? thanks for any replies

Hi Phil, I´m using a AMD Athlon 700 Mhz on a Epox mainboard with chipset KX-133 and 512 MB RAM PC-133

on XP Pro; the last tests I´ve made them formatting and installing , only , XP and drivers Detonator

in order to discard problems with drivers of Via, SBAudigy Player...........I see that the file. inf of the 31,00 has

as it names " NVFS.INF " nor " nv4_disp.inf " as he is normal............ is this the problem?............ if I´m not mistaken the 31.00 supports GeForce4 TI-4200 AGP X8.....is correct?

Thanks

Hi Schrullenhaft.....there are the references in

"NVFS.INF" for 31.00 :

%NVidia.Nv28.2% = nv4__novpe, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0281

%NVidia.Nv28GL.1% = nv4_WSApps_novpe, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0288

%NVidia.Nv28GL.2% = nv4_WSApps _novpe, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0289

is this correct for me ?

Have you completely uninstalled your previous drivers and installed your video as 'VGASave' (generic SVGA driver for WinXP) ? You may want to use NVidia Nasty File Remover (Videocard drivers > NVIDIA detonator drivers > nVidia Nasty File Remover) after using the Add/Remove Programs control panel to uninstall your current drivers.

Do you get a message stating specifically that the drivers can't detect your card ?

certainly , Phil ......... is strange; I´ve made sure, before, of the total elimination of previous drivers

( even with a file remover software) but when trying to install them , if I do it from setup , it happens like in

the 30.xx ; and if I do it from the Control Panel , updating , it says to me that he is not compatible

with XP!!! .......... I don´t understand ; driver is the 31,00 for 2000/XP from Guru3D.com. (both that there is they seem to be the same file) and as it already comments previously , the name of the file inf is " NVFS.INF ".

I don´t know what to do, my only possibility is this...... or helps on the hacking of inf of 30.xx.

Thanks