Resupply, Reload and move on out

I know I am asking a lot... but hope springs eternal. Why cannot groups that are low on ammo, pick up weapons and ammo off their own dead or that of the enemy?

I know it is hard to program such and people will say that a grunt can't work them fancy russian machine guns, but hey, people have asked for more obscure detail then this.

My point, low on ammo or out of ammo but high on resolve to stay alive and stay in the fight. Bring on the entrenching tools!!

(AKA shovel to the head)

I remember the higher quality troops in Close Combat 4 would pick up weapons off the dead, friendly and enemy. First time I noticed was one of my US Rifle squads weapon was showing an MP40 after he had been low on ammo. So I dont think it would be that much to do in a CM type game, or would it?

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Jagdwyrm ]

As far as scavenging weapons, the probability that solidiers will grab up the more desireable weapons dropped by their fallen squad mates is dependent upon their experience and suppression level at the time, and as mentioned above, they will pass around their last clips of ammo amongst themselves. They do not scavenge weapons or ammo from fallen soldiers outside their own squads though.

I appreciate your replies....

Suppression or not...leaders and men on their own would throw clips back and forth. You had better believe if my M203 gunner went down, that gun and vest were coming with me. If the M60 gunner went down or the .50 cal then the next valiant soul would get to that position.

If I killed a german squad and waltz over their corpses wihtout fire or even with fire, these guys should be able to grab their guns.

I appreciate the close combat analogy.

Another good game was Sudden Strike. A little unreal but still fun to play.

Peace.