Italian scenarios

Hi Guys,

I ordered the game over the weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I have an interest in the Italian experience during WW2. Has anybody played as the Italians yet? Any interesting scenarios? If you have the chance check out my website...it has rare original photos of the Italian experience in Russia. www.arditi43.com

Thanks!

I just finished a battle playing AGAINST the Italians - called "Sapristi". A VERY hard-fought infantry battle. Somehow I managed a major victory (loosing a lot of my Soviet force in the process, but apparently I took more Italians and I did manage to contain their advances with rocks and sticks after the ammo ran out).

I would recommend the battle - it was a lot of fun and very manageable, size-wise.

Would have loved to do the cavalry charge, but there are no horses in CMBB, much less sabers.

Very nice site BTW. It would be great if you could post some first-hand combat accounts (AKA the stuff scenarios are made of).

WWB

Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

I just finished a battle playing AGAINST the Italians - called "Sapristi". A VERY hard-fought infantry battle. Somehow I managed a major victory (loosing a lot of my Soviet force in the process, but apparently I took more Italians and I did manage to contain their advances with rocks and sticks after the ammo ran out).

I would recommend the battle - it was a lot of fun and very manageable, size-wise.

Just finished it myself with same results though from the othr side... ;) Actually the Russians surrenderd to me a couple turns before the end. Would you like to try this one as a PBEM game? If so drop me a note to lkerry3@qwest.net

Last cavalry charge of the WW2.

Isbuschenskij, 08.23.1942.

The "Savoia" cavalry regiment charged 3 Soviet infantry battalions. "An epic beauty" for the general Messe.

Was a real bloody mess. A modern war with 18th century officials.

Bye.

Funkybax

Yakroma, 17 Nov 41: Two mounted Sov cavalry regiments charged the German defenses. Only 30 troopers lived to make it to the German positions --- not a single German was wounded.

Oh yeah: I'd like to see a few more Italian scenarios, too.

[ October 02, 2002, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]

Originally posted by von Lucke:

Yakroma, 17 Nov 41: Two mounted Sov cavalry regiments charged the German defenses. Only 30 troopers lived to make it to the German positions --- not a single German was wounded.

Cavalry charging across open plains against machine guns.. ouch.

I'm surprised that some actually made it at all.