I need help, please.

Why would you need any help to spot 75mm or 82mm mortar rounds? You know where you’re targeting with the artillery spotters or armored vehicles.

You can always rewind the action phase and watch where it’s landing. I understand that 75mm and 82mm artillery craters are small but there are so many craters popping up that is shouldn’t be that hard to see.

You can also move to view 2 or 3 to spot incoming 75mm or 82mm artillery strikes.

I’ll tell you what is hard spotting and that is 50mm mortar rounds; those shell craters are really small and very hard to spot.

If your artillery is coming in off-target (as it tends to if you target a spot out of LOS) it can be very challenging to find where your fire mission is impacting.

If I can't find something in a couple viewings I tend to try to narrow down the search area by sound. One thing that might help would be going to a high overhead view (say 7 or 8) and using shift-I to change to "fast, compatible" smoke. The explosions might show up a bit better then.

[ October 06, 2002, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: L.Tankersley ]

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

In CM you don't have to correct/adjust FFEs, so just target your arty where you want/need and hope it's falling on top ... :rolleyes:

Not true.

The CM:BB manual states:

When you find your artillery strike to be off the mark, or if you simply want to adjust or "walk" the aiming point a short distance (even after the strike has begun), you will need to adjust your fire.

Adjusted fire can STILL be inaccurate, though it is a lot more probable that it will fall on target than the first strike. So you still need to watch the landing of the actual barrage to be able to re-adjust again if needed.

I believe (at least this is how it used to work on the Beta) you can ONLY adjust fire that was targeted within your spotters LOS. That means if you're calling in artillery blind -- to the far side of a hill for example -- not only will your artillery fire be much more inaccurate (like off the board sometimes!), you won't be able to adjust fire either.

CMBB artillery fire can be hard to see sometimes, especially the small caliber stuff falling on a huge map... in a rainstorm... at dusk.

[ October 07, 2002, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]