Mods inside my CMBO (Take a look interactive 360 QTVR Panorama shot from CMBO)

Hi

I think Gyrene has been waiting for this one:

http://142.55.231.199/demo/cmbo-pano.mov

I'm not sure how to make the actual .mov file come up inside this window so just click the link to go and see it.

I have used many Mods from many different sources.

I would like to thank ALL the mod artists whose work appears in this panorama. If you see something (Like one of the MANY German tanks in there) that you did, why don't you post here and say which are your mods smile.gif .

The colours were modified in Photoshop because I thought the Dawn lighting was too dim, but I'm not thrilled with the way the colours turned out. Its late now and I might get another shot at it over the weekend to brighten it up without the colour shift.

you will need the QTVE plug-in to see it.

it was made in the Apple QTVR Authoring Studio after shooting about 38 single screen grabs from level one at varying angles of rotation. All 38 shots were not used but I needed about twice as many as the standard 18 shots at 20 degree each to make sure I had all the right angles because it is (to the best of my knowledge) impossible to rotate the camera exactly 18 times in 360 degrees at 20 degrees per shift while rotating the camera at level 1. The Pano would only stitch from level 1 and still it is not perfect, as all the angles were not covered idealy even in my 38 screen grabs.

Its not perfect but it took about 6 hours of computer time to construct.

I think its the first in game panorama of its kind smile.gif . The shot was staged to show off tanks, sort like in a dealer's show room or at the Auto show, they are not in any combat positions, mostly I set them up to make a nice picture and show off the mod work of other artists. (Again sorry for the colour shift). Its big, 640x480 and it will take quite some time to download if you are not on a cable modem or ASDL high speed phone line, the file size of the QTVR .mov file is 1.3 megs. And you need the QTVR plug-in to see it and interact with it, you can zoom in and out and move all around the 360 of the image. Have Fun!

-tom w

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GreenGriffon:

Hey that's really cool....maybe I'll give that a try too.

By the way, which Jagdpanzer and Jagdtiger mods are you using? The Jagdtiger looks like the KwazyDog one, but somehow the color looks lighter or something. I'd love to get my hands on both of those.

Nice work!<hr></blockquote>

Glad you liked it

It was ALOT of work!

I'm really not sure whose mods I'm using

there are all kinds of mods in there for all kinds of artists, if you look closely you might see that I have two kinds of mods on the same light 2 story building,a different mod on each surface smile.gif

-tom w