Bitmap 1116 and Interface Conversion for SL nuts

Originally posted by MrPeng:

MDorosh:

I take back every nasty thing I have ever said about you. Adding the QRDC was perfect.

OK, well I don't really take anything at all back I have said about you, but nice work on the mod. Really brilliant

Peng

I have been invaded by Herr Peng! I thank you, sir, smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif but wonder - my choice of stains for the QRDC - a fait accompli, non??

Does anyone have memories of high school and Onion Dip that are anything but pleasant?

aa7.jpg

aa8.jpg

[ April 20, 2002, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

ASL Vet, where were you when I needed you? Sheesh.

Excellent suggestion, I will implement the change ASAP. Any other thoughts?

(For some reason I remembered TI as being Tired Infantry when in reality is is Temporarily Immobilized...a bad choice for RUN!!! If anyone can think of a decent counter to use for stuff like CRAWL, SNEAK, etc., I am all ears.)

[ April 20, 2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Fantastic!!! Dorosh your contribution is great!! Keep up the good work!

Another prized topic with plenty of additions to a fantastic game!!

I vote Dorosh and others recieve free copies of CMBB for their great and many contributions to an already wonderful game.

Originally posted by bfamily33:

Mike:

Nice theme. I assume you're doing new screens for side select screen and the One Player, TC & E-Mail screen. Are you doing multiple options like Iron Cross, Paratroopers, Yanks, Beyond Valor, etc.?

Can't wait. Can we have and ETA?

yeah, I'd like to make this as complete as possible, I am on a stretch of 7 straigt days at work, unforutunately, with only 1 day off on Wednesday (though I have to go do Army crap on Wed night), so I won't have any real time to devote to it til next Sunday (working again Thu-Sat). I am trying to get things done in the evenings.

Right now I am working on multiple options

MENU BARS - both with the counter icons, and without, for a cleaner less cluttered look.

ASL - the basic interface mod will be baed on ASL; perhaps a Classic SL would be in order also, I'll have to see how much of a difference there would be.

Not sure what I want to do for the "in between" screens, ie - the black screen that comes up with the 6 flags while you are waiting for stuff to load, etc. Also the type of game screen, with the HOTSEAT, EMAIL, TCP etc options.

Any suggestions gratefully considered.

The splash screens are a killer though at 2 MB each unzipped, and a little over 1 zipped. I'll see about hosting this one myself.

Thanks to George Parrish, Rodger MacGowan, Charlie Kibler et al...

aa11.jpg

11260.bmp (The screen you see after entering an email file, and it goes to load the 3D graphics).

Source: Header art from THE GENERAL Magazine Vol 23 No. 2, artwork by Charlie Kibler, header for article by Bob Medrow FIRST IMPRESSIONS: AN INTRODUCTION TO ADVANCED SQUAD LEADER: ARMOR TRAINING

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

%7Boption%7D

Hmmm, perhaps this is less of a blatant copyright violation. Only seems natural to have the QRDC close at hand, doesn't it - complete with Onion Dip stains.

Not really. It's very evident that this is still SL and anyone familar with the game would recognize it in an instant (which is sort of the point I guess). It would most definitely be copyright violation but then again a lot of mods are in one way or another. I still get it personally. Just a suggestion, maybe you can have two arrow pointing to each other for Multiplayer to indicate one v. one nature of the option and make it more different from the single Play Game option. Anyway, really looking forward to this. You may also want to give some thought on the CMBB version as well since it won't be too long before that beauty is released.

[ May 05, 2002, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

I'd have to agree with Commissar. (Gawd, the world may stop turning). smile.gif

Trade marks, patents, and the like can be based on a products established design and public recognition so that even something very similar can be sufficient cause to get someone upset. But, we won't tell. :D