which display to purchase ??

foamy

Time for a display upgrade, I have SyncMaster 152T and it has been very good to me for a couple of years. I did a search but could not find anything that would help me select a new display (17" I think) - any suggestions from the group ??

I have windows 2000 with a Nvidia Gforce4 Ti 4200 GPU card.

I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend. I don't have any particular models to recommend (that I compared personally myself), but one fairly popular model at Newegg is the Samsung 204B-BK 20" LCD. It even has a $60 rebate (mail in) and free 3 day shipping at the moment.

Newegg is kind of handy in that you can go over quite a few customer reviews to get an idea of how good something may be in real life. While not every review will be level-headed and useful, many of the more popular items will have a significant number of reviews to get a good idea of a products' actual quality.

This Newegg LCD monitor selection may be a good place to start with the categories in the left-hand pane narrowing down the selection to what you're looking for.