Another solution to the demo problem.

Why not release a "Quick Battle" demo?

BTS could put out a demo that would show-off the new QB generator. All they would need to do is limit the number of options, units, map types etc... available in the game.

I have found that most people play CM with QB's instead of scenarios. In fact I dont think I have played all of the CM scenarios because I find the Quick Battles so much more entertaining.

IMO this demo would do a great job of appealing to the casual gamer. It would give them a better idea of why we find CM so addictive.

If I were BTS, I would release this type of demo even if it meant that the demo would not be released until AFTER the game starts to ship. A lot of potential new players will be coming over here once the game comes out and this type of demo would really hook them IMO.

What do you guys think?

An even better idea, a Quickbattle demo with all the vehicles and a working scenario editor! ...and the ability to play proper scenarios.

Wait- wait. How about if you download the demo Battlefront will send you a crisp $5 bill! now that's an idea i could get into!

Hehe...

Actually this wouldnt work George for a few reasons. Firstly you would only have maybe 2 vehicles and 1 infantry type to pick from as we need to keep the demo size to a minimum. Also, the map generator would have to be recoded as we dont include all terrain bmp's with the demo.

Dan