Sturmtiger Oddities

Has anyone noticed that if a Sturmtiger shot gets a DIRECT hit on an armored vehicle, the game seems to only models the penetration effects and not the blast (on the vehicle itself -- the blast around it still does nasty things). I think the blast itself should do something to the vehicle itself as well. Shouldn't it kill the crew with a blast that big?

I found this out by firing a Sturmtiger shot at a Half-track, at which it got a direct hit on the tread, mkaing the half-track immobile. The crew suffered NO casualties, nor was even shocked. Even with that huge blast.

Maybe in the next patch?

[ December 20, 2002, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Terrapin ]

This problem already existed in CMBO. Gun and track hits never cause any other damage than to the gun/tracks. Don't really know why, but it works this way.

Similarly, in CMBO top hits were "absorbed" by the vehicle hit. There were reports of a light tank being hit by the spotting round from a 14" gun, absorbing the entire blast and thus saving hundreds of men around it. Don't know if it still works this way in CMBB.

Dschugaschwili

I had a bit of fun with a Sturmtiger last night. I introduced one to the lake ladoga scenario. I played as Axis and gave the Russians a 200% advantage. 15 seconds into turn 1 the sturmtiger lobs a shell at the Russian convoy...

Result: 524 infantry casualties and 14 vehicles knocked out!! Thats what I call bang for your buck. I'll try and capture the film, it's hilarious. :D

When I first got CMBB playing with the Sturmtiger was my greatest joy in the game. I have have not seen a tank take a Sturmtiger round and live. The rounds never KO'd a tank but the crews were shocked w/ casualities and generally bailed the next turn, if they could gather themselves together. I thought it a bit odd that a T-34 could take a 380mm rocket and get "no penetration" but I was happy that the tank was dead. :D