CMMOS V3.01 instructions

Hello, I Just DL CMMOS V3.01 and two rule sets from Combat Mission HQ. Its my first stab at CMMOS and I need some help. First, I cant find any instructions. So I just try and run it thinking there will be instructions in the file but all that happens is one of those DOS-like windows flashes, that I usualy see if I run a batch file. But as far as I can tell nothing happened. What do I need to do to use CMMOS V3.01?

Or better yet, point me to the instructions :confused: please.

I searched around and cant seem to find a website for CMMOS, Just a place to DL it.

Thanks

That file is probably enought, but the install is not working for me, as a I said above, all that happens is one of those DOS-like windows flashes, that I usualy see if I run a batch file. But as far as I can tell nothing happened.

maybe it just installed it in the folder the file was in? Duh, I should have check that redface.gif Ill do that when I get home, Im at work now.

Thanks for the reply Gordon

Hammer,

Well, please let me know how it goes when you get home. If I understand your problem now (I'm pretty dense sometimes) you can't get the installation to work. That's the first I've heard of an installation problem.

Boris,

When I didn't hear from you after my last response I assumed it was working for you. Can you send me a copy of CMMOSLog.txt from when you've tried to apply an option?

Thanks,

Gordon "gordonemolek@earthlink.net"

[ January 31, 2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Thanks Gordon, Ill email you directly. And dont help Boris :D . He is too good of an opponent as it is! and we are having a good battle smile.gif

One problem might be that I am running on XP.

[ January 31, 2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Hammer ]

Originally posted by Boris Balaban:

Gordon it did not work and I have had little time to look into it. I will install it again and try it.

I have been down loading all the files.

Do I leave all the files in the zip format in the bmp directory of CMBO? I will read the instructions again.

You have to unzip, AFAIK. But future editions may allow you to leave them zipped.

I originaly had a corrupt install file, I reDLed the file and the install is complete. Now my problem is I run the programs, per instructions and apply one of the available mods, and I dont see any changes, in the game.

also I DL one of the building mods (from the CMMOS page) unzipped into the CMBO/BMP folder but the mod doesnot sho up in CMMOS. Did I screw that up?